Noisy Water Pump or Pipes ? (1 Viewer)

ROD & LISA

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
Hi all new to motorhome fun and only had our 36ft damon challenger since Nov 2009 , can anyone help me with this probem .
Before we picked the RV up we had a 3M water filter fittted under the sink , since picking the RV up we have had very noisy water pipes or is it the Shurflo pump ? the sound is like the water is struggling to get through sruging on and off . Today we have decided to try and sort this out we have now put pipe lagging round all pipes and taken off water filter cartridge but the plumbing we have left with all elbows and stuff , this is a little better not as quiet as we think it should be . Should we remove filter plumbing and connect straight to taps . Please Help as noise is driving me more mad than i already am .:Eeek:
Rod & Lisa

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have come to the conclusion that noisy plumbing and RVs,
is a little like horses and carriages
you do find an awful lot together:cry: inc mine:Doh:
Yet one day its quite peaceful, the next WW3 breaks out:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all new to motorhome fun and only had our 36ft damon challenger since Nov 2009 , can anyone help me with this probem .
Before we picked the RV up we had a 3M water filter fittted under the sink , since picking the RV up we have had very noisy water pipes or is it the Shurflo pump ? the sound is like the water is struggling to get through sruging on and off . Today we have decided to try and sort this out we have now put pipe lagging round all pipes and taken off water filter cartridge but the plumbing we have left with all elbows and stuff , this is a little better not as quiet as we think it should be . Should we remove filter plumbing and connect straight to taps . Please Help as noise is driving me more mad than i already am .:Eeek:
Rod & Lisa

Hi Rod,

If it is the pump 'pumping' try mounting it on some rubber mounts (hose pipe is good)
and if it does not have an accumalator, then fit one.

Click on the pictures for schematic, websites lost some on the description!:cry:

http://www.johnscrossshop.co.uk/products.php?product=Fiamma-Water-Expansion-Tank-Acumalator-A20-#

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back