May 22, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4th year
Hi
Just bought our first motorhome - Mclouis Tandy 670 - 3 years old. Haven't got a clue about anything. The owner's handbook fails to explain where the second battery is located; when we turn the pump on it makes a noise - is this normal?
We've found the fuses and the fresh water tank, but how do we locate the waste water tank and empty it? It is sooooooooo different from a caravan. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Novice saxon

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Saxon, Yes motorhomes differ considerably from caravans in some ways, but in others they are almost the same.

Your water pump might just be a noisy one, some are better than others in that regard, however it could have some air in the the system, this can make it noisy, try running all the taps, hot and cold and see what happens, also look at the pump mounting, this can be a source of noise and many people pad their pump to dampen vibrations.

You wast water tank will emptied by an external drain tap, get under the motorhome and you will probably see it. Any other questions, just jump in and ask.

Oh and Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
welcome to the fun saxon, don;t worry most of us have to ask ?s and you are on the forum where someone will be able to help you, we have some knowledgeable people on here,:Smile: but sadly not me:ROFLMAO: this is him indoors job remit:ROFLMAO:
my job is to ensure that supplies of beer,wine, food, are plentiful::bigsmile:
ruth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hello and :welcome:
You may fine your leisure battery under the drivers seat, that's the most common place.
Your water pump will run till the water's up to pressure within the pipework then stop till the pressure drops ie tap turned-on.
As for the waste tank, it could be anywhere underneath and may have a tap to open the drain or as my friend has a handle to pull under the rear bumper.
So basically wait for daylight and have a good search-up :thumb:

regards...nige

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
welcome saxon,

if your pump is making a ticking/clicking noise when the taps are on it's working ok.
if it makes the same noise when the taps are off, it's got a fault. take back to dealers.

john

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Saxon and welcome

Lindy C on the forum sells a kit for silencing water pumps usualy for american rv's but i don't see why it wouldn't work on a Euro m/home
might be worth giving her a shout :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Saxon.
I too am a Mclouis owner (281 4 years old) and have experienced similar noise from the water pump. However ours only makes the noise when it is charging the water system and then when you draw any water off. As a previous member has said there may be air in the system which is released by turning on all the taps until you get a full flow of water. This will reduce the amount of water in the tank of course and you can check this by looking removing one of the seat cushions and lifting the wooden board for access.
The second battery, or leisure battery, on our motorhome is found under the drivers seat. The front and back panels on the seat near the floor, are removable by putting your fingers into the grill and pulling so it pops off.
We have added another leisure battery, wired up in parallel, under the passengers seat but it involved removing the whole seat and then makeing a clamp to hold it in place as well as "adjusting" the foam on the floor to accept it.
There are 2 waste tanks each with their own emptying system which is in effect just dumping it directly to the ground. One has a handle on the drivers side underneath near the habitation door and exhaust (when the water empties it drops on the exhaust and goes everytwhere!) and the other at the rear just inside the bumper bar. Both tanks have a twist cap on them to prefevt road dirt getting into the pipe, which needs removing first of course.
I have another thread on the Mclouis forum about obtaining a flexible sanitation hose.
We are out in our motorhome this weekend in the Hebden bridge area leaving around 5pm today so I will check on here before we go to see if this helps and if you would like any other information about your motorhome that i may be able to help with. When we return I will check again. If you want to PM me then please feel free to do so.
Hope to meet you one day to compare notes.
Roger & Marion

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You wast water tank will emptied by an external drain tap, get under the motorhome and you will probably see it.

:thumb:

Hi and welcome, don't open the tap when your underneath!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The pumps always are a biy noisy, shows they are working! or you can mount them on pieces of hose pipe to act as a cushion. pipe like this == with bolt going though hole in centre.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back