Noisy heater! (1 Viewer)

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Truma heater(Trumatic S 3002) in our Riviera 171. It works well and heats our van up really quickly. The problem is that it is really noisy when we're travelling!! Has anyone got a similar problem and how did you resolve it?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We have a Truma heater(Trumatic S 3002) in our Riviera 171. It works well and heats our van up really quickly. The problem is that it is really noisy when we're travelling!! Has anyone got a similar problem and how did you resolve it?

I had the same issue and it was only rectified as I drove around a corner and the front panel fell off!! I'd only just taken delivery of it and on inspection it had been put on wrong. Have a look and see with yours that it's mounted correctly. Also look at the top hangers and see that they're not bent down. The front panel needs to be a tight interference fit and the "lugs" that the panel hangs on may need adjusting (bending) back again.

Failing that I also found that the previous owners used the space behind the heater for storage!! Could anything have moved or shifted and doing the same.

Lastly is it something else, as on initial driving our cooker played a mery tune until I sorted that out too.......all just thoughts and good luck in sourcing the noise and dampening it down again.......or turn the radio up as I did as it as it helped drown out the other confused noise in the cab, but that came from the passengers seat :winky: :thumb:

Good luck and happy motorhoming :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Ali n Tim
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Had another look at front cover which seems to be fitted correctly. It seems to be the innards that are making all the noise! I have the oven and grill packed tight with bubble wrap so no sound from there. I did look behind the heater and couldn't see anything there that shouldn't be there. But thanks for your suggestions. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back