Noisy Alde Heating (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Hello all, another question from a novice. Our alde heating is noisy when the pump first comes on, lasts for about 5 minutes, and then is quiet. Having looked at other threads, we topped the reservoir up, but this has not stopped the initial noise. Is this normal, or do we have problem? Thanks in advance for any replies.

JanettaVienetta

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sorry about the noisy heating.

I wish I could really help...

but if you bought my Engel fridge from me, the noise from the cooling fan running 24 hours a day, would cover the noise of the heater. :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Sorry about the noisy heating.

I wish I could really help...

but if you bought my Engle fridge from me, the noise from the cooling fan running 24 hours a day, would cover the noise of the heater. :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Vey funny though:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
May be air trapped in the system, have you tried bleeding ?

From the Alde information there should be several bleed points. If you have a towel rail there is one on the top.. try venting while it is running keeping the reservoir topped up.

Edit
Apparently it's a variable speed pump so it's quite possible that it's a bit noisy when it first starts up when it's pumping a full belt..

we need an Alde owner to confirm .. hope it's not a pump problem as they cost about £200

Last edited:
Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have the Alde system and although we can hear the pump if close by to it the sound is constant and certainly not noisy.
As previously suggested I would bleed system from the various vents on the radiators but I'm not sure it should be done with the pump running.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Last edited:
Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
we have the alde heating in ours and it is quiet now
it did have a spate of being noisy and i found it to be the flue pipe vibrating which seemed to quieten down when it got warm i cured it by just moving it slightly and re fixing it with a large p clip.

the best way to find if it is this is fire it up and just hold the flue pipe.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for the replies. Very helpful, as always :Smile: Andy, sorry to be bit dim, but where will I find the flue pipe? This sounds like it could be the solution, as we have tried bleeding the system, but to no avail.

JanettaVienetta

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Just an update on the noisy pump situation (water, not the other) :roflmto: The pump is in the wardrobe, but yesterday morning it was really noisy for at least half an hour, and I was concerned about our neighbours! I plucked up the courage to have a fiddle, and found that the noise stopped completely when I lifted the pump slightly. So today, I have fitted a collar of pipe lagging foam just underneath the washer, which has lifted it by a quarter to third of an inch. The pump is still completely immersed in the fluid. The only problem is that I cannot screw the cap on, so it is just sitting on top. Hope this doesn't casue any long term problems. The system heated perfectly, with NO NOISE!!!!! ::bigsmile:
Thanks for all your replies which gave me the confidence to investigate further.

JanettaVienetta

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back