Noisy Alde Heating

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by JanettaVienetta, Oct 4, 2012.

1. JanettaVienetta

JanettaVienetta Read Only Funster

Hello all, another question from a novice. Our alde heating is noisy when the pump first comes on, lasts for about 5 minutes, and then is quiet. Having looked at other threads, we topped the reservoir up, but this has not stopped the initial noise. Is this normal, or do we have problem? Thanks in advance for any replies.

JanettaVienetta

2. JJ

JJ Funster

Sorry about the noisy heating.

I wish I could really help...

but if you bought my Engel fridge from me, the noise from the cooling fan running 24 hours a day, would cover the noise of the heater. :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. JanettaVienetta

That's not a good sales pitch for your fridge :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

Vey funny though:Rofl1:

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

May be air trapped in the system, have you tried bleeding ?

From the Alde information there should be several bleed points. If you have a towel rail there is one on the top.. try venting while it is running keeping the reservoir topped up.

Edit
    Apparently it's a variable speed pump so it's quite possible that it's a bit noisy when it first starts up when it's pumping a full belt..

we need an Alde owner to confirm .. hope it's not a pump problem as they cost about £200

6. icantremember

icantremember Funster

We have the Alde system and although we can hear the pump if close by to it the sound is constant and certainly not noisy.
    As previously suggested I would bleed system from the various vents on the radiators but I'm not sure it should be done with the pump running.

7. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

8. aba

aba

we have the alde heating in ours and it is quiet now
    it did have a spate of being noisy and i found it to be the flue pipe vibrating which seemed to quieten down when it got warm i cured it by just moving it slightly and re fixing it with a large p clip.

the best way to find if it is this is fire it up and just hold the flue pipe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JanettaVienetta

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful, as always :Smile: Andy, sorry to be bit dim, but where will I find the flue pipe? This sounds like it could be the solution, as we have tried bleeding the system, but to no avail.

JanettaVienetta

10. aba

aba

11. JanettaVienetta

Just an update on the noisy pump situation (water, not the other) :Laughing: The pump is in the wardrobe, but yesterday morning it was really noisy for at least half an hour, and I was concerned about our neighbours! I plucked up the courage to have a fiddle, and found that the noise stopped completely when I lifted the pump slightly. So today, I have fitted a collar of pipe lagging foam just underneath the washer, which has lifted it by a quarter to third of an inch. The pump is still completely immersed in the fluid. The only problem is that I cannot screw the cap on, so it is just sitting on top. Hope this doesn't casue any long term problems. The system heated perfectly, with NO NOISE!!!!! :BigGrin:
    Thanks for all your replies which gave me the confidence to investigate further.

JanettaVienetta