Noise (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi, like to seek your ideas on the following. We have a new Bessacarr E560. When driving along in, and after, rain, the water pooled at the side of the road gets thrown up and 'splatters' against the plastic box that forms the doorstep. The first time I heard it, driving home from the dealers, I was startled. However, I have now got used to it but am trying to work out a way of preventing it as we have reduced all other noise to a reasonable level.

So far my only idea has been to make and fit a deflector in front of the plastic box but I fear this will just create a different noise. Has anyone out there got any ideas, or, even better, a solution?

Rgds
Bill

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A deflector will change the direction that the splatter hits it and should not resonate, If that doesn't fix it don't drive in the rain or on wet road.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
A deflector will change the direction that the splatter hits it and should not resonate, If that doesn't fix it don't drive in the rain or on wet road.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I shall try a deflector but living in Scotland makes it difficult not to drive in the rain:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K

Kevin

Deleted User
Hi, like to seek your ideas on the following. We have a new Bessacarr E560. When driving along in, and after, rain, the water pooled at the side of the road gets thrown up and 'splatters' against the plastic box that forms the doorstep. The first time I heard it, driving home from the dealers, I was startled. However, I have now got used to it but am trying to work out a way of preventing it as we have reduced all other noise to a reasonable level.

So far my only idea has been to make and fit a deflector in front of the plastic box but I fear this will just create a different noise. Has anyone out there got any ideas, or, even better, a solution?

Rgds
Bill

Hi,
I bought a new 560 6 months ago and tend to find the conversion very
noisey, all sorts of rattles, the very hard ride dont help either! don't know
how to fix your problem but I know what you mean, there is also a plastic
air vent on the inside, low down near the door mat, a lot of noise comes
through there.

Best of luck, Kevin

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
One way of reducing the spray water sound, could be the use of spray suppression ( cats whiskers ) as used on commercial vehicle wheel arches.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back