No water !! (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Just filled the tank after the winter, taps on hot and open, pump running, gurgling noises but it does not fill the hot tank, same on cold, gurgling but no water, toilet works the pump but no water:Angry:

I drained the tank and started again in case of a air lock, I think I can hear a dribble going into the hot tank but I am afraid to leave the pump running too long in case it burns the motor out.:cry:

Any advice ??

dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
gurgling for a while is normal when filling up the pipes for the first time in a while. Turn a tap on for a bit longer and make sure its not just taking an age to fill.

We have also had a pump seize up over winter and this was similar. Could hear motor running but the impeller that pushes the water wasnt turning. However no gurgling at the taps, which is a sign that air is being pushed out

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Maybe shut all taps except one and apply suction at the one open tap whilst the pump is running to see if this helps "prime" the pump...?

I would start with the tap nearest the pump...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Check underneath that water is not draining out when pumping. We had a similar experience last weekend until I realised my pre flight check did not include checking the auto drain valve on the boiler. I was thinking all kinds of problems until I opened the cupboard and reset the valve.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I presume that, being a Hobby, you have a diaphragm pump. You'll know if you do because it goes 'dunk, dunk, dunk' when pumping as opposed to the 'buzzzzzzz' of a submersible pump. A diaphragm pump normally self primes with no problems......
It was a cold winter. I don't want to scare you, but the pump body might have not been drained and the freezing water might have cracked it.:Sad:

The good news is that a new Shurflo pump doesn't cost the earth.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, the pump will suck air through the crack instead of water through the pipe!
It looks like freezing has claimed your strainer.

Looks like a new one is required. Well spotted!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back