No Sound From Autotrail Radio (1 Viewer)

Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Need help please, our dvd player was working fine up until tonight when we decided to watch a dvd - pictures fine but no sound!

As the sound comes via the radio we tried that and... The radio doesn't have sound coming out. The mute button isn't on so could it be a fuse, although bear in mind that the radio operates fine - just no sound coming from it

Any suggestions please?

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
In what way irnbru? I simply put the radio on it lights up and scans and stops on channels but no sound :-(

I thought it was a problem with the tv but as the sound comes through the radio it seems that if I can get the sound working on the radio everything else will work fine.

It was all working fine yesterday and the van hasn't even moved today :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
On our AT we go to Mode then Disc to use the dvd.

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
No and no I think....

Let's forget the tv for now as I've discovered that the radio has no sound and that it why the dvd player has no sound as I think the sound goes through the radio and then to the speakers.

So do the speakers have a fuse or is there a reason they might not be working?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I know if im using the remote sometimes I get the sound louder by using the knob but im still learning ours.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry there will be more knowledgeable people along shortly.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
On our 2010 AT Savannah there is a media system black button on/off switch on the front of the Sargent unit. Check that this is set to On!
But as it was all working yesterday and nothing has apparently changed it should be on anyway unless you've been in the cupboard and knocked it by accident.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Have you put the radio into TV mode in trying to setup the DVD? Bottom right hand button on my unit to get it back to radio again.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Working on the assumption there is no audio on any of the inputs, eg DVD, radio, Aux, etc, and that the speaker plug is still connected I would guess at a fault in the media centre head unit.
http://www.armourauto.com/ were the media centre supplier to Auto-Trail however they now longer supply and only take to do with warranty issues (I think).
Broken Link Removed are, according to their website, the "approved" repair agent for Auto-trail media centre hardware.
Might be worth a call to one, or other or both of these folk.

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Hi Gellyneck

Thanks for your comprehensive reply :) can I ask where will I find the speaker plug, maybe it's bounced loose on the Croatian roads?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have had similar problems with our radio, you will need to carefully remove the radio from the dash board, we found using 2 cake knives pushed down each side of the radio to release the retaining clips rather than the blades supplied.
You will need to remove the thin plastic moulding that is around the radio first, it just clips out.

Behind the radio you will find all the connections, turn radio on and check the speaker connections (they are marked) hopefully you will make the connection and get sound.
We taped the connections to prevent them coming loose again, be careful and tidy with the cables when pushing radio back into place.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive been plauged by a similar problem with the sound cutting out for the last year and i think ive solved it now it may be the cure for yours
in the front screen pillar there are two tweters which just clip into the plastic one of mine had come adrift and was shorting the audio down causing it to cut out sound, radio was still live and a cd could be seen to be playing
i only found it when i slammed a door and the sound went of ive got concertina blinds in the front of mine and to fit them the plastics on the pillar are changed obviously the plastic doesnt hold the tweeter in place so well
hope this is your problem as its drove me mad for over a year

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Weyhey!!!! Mitzimad you've solved it, you're a star. A couple of taps and bingo the radio sound is working fine.

Can't thank you enough and that's my kind of solution to a problem like this ie give it a bang ha ha .

Thanks again

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Great news.:)
Had thought of speaker connection problems but didn't have a clue as to how this could happen.:confused:
Well, now we know. Great tip for future.(y)

OP
OP
brimo
Mar 28, 2015
Runcorn, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20+ years
Yes I just tapped the pillar and almost instantly we got sound.

It's certainly a tip for the future :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back