Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
The times we have had to sit inside in a restaurant on a lovely sunny day because of smokers outside . The times we have had to move inside and close windows in our MH because of people in the next pitch are smoking . It would be great if there was an area for smokers only on campsites .....Dream on !
The very worst are the cigar smokers !

Our Campsite is open to All; smokers- drinkers-music-dogs -cats, two golden rules, enjoy the facilities- respect your neighbors, never had to talk to anyone about breaching either. We've had the odd whinger (they tend to make their presents felt:() we make the effort to listen to their wisdom, but if this doesn't prevail its the "French shrug" from my Daughter-in law (Alias Commandant) So for your comfort and our pleasure I welcome your, (and anyone else who feels as you do ) absence.(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Our Campsite is open to All; smokers- drinkers-music-dogs -cats, two golden rules, enjoy the facilities- respect your neighbors, never had to talk to anyone about breaching either. We've had the odd whinger (they tend to make their presents felt:() we make the effort to listen to their wisdom, but if this doesn't prevail its the "French shrug" from my Daughter-in law (Alias Commandant) So for your comfort and our pleasure I welcome your, (and anyone else who feels as you do ) absence.(y)
On behalf of my Bulldog and myself, please allow me to thank you for your most kind....nay....most welcome rendition. :). It is such a pleasure, in these days of ignorance and misunderstanding, to come across a fellow human being who genuinely considers the well-being of his fellow homo-sapiens. (y)
As much as admire your post, I am afraid to express that I never go to France, as I find it full of strange people eating garlic, and smoking those terrible Gauloise cigarettes on campsite's.......o_O;)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
On behalf of my Bulldog and myself, please allow me to thank you for your most kind....nay....most welcome rendition. :). It is such a pleasure, in these days of ignorance and misunderstanding, to come across a fellow human being who genuinely considers the well-being of his fellow homo-sapiens. (y)
As much as admire your post, I am afraid to express that I never go to France, as I find it full of strange people eating garlic, and smoking those terrible Gauloise cigarettes on campsite's.......o_O;)

No probs me olchina, get yer arse-wiv trumpet an yer dog over ear an get yerself an edjercation on ow the real French live(y) I luvit(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No probs me olchina, get yer arse-wiv trumpet an yer dog over ear an get yerself an edjercation on ow the real French live(y) I luvit(y)
Thank you, and how nice for you to write back to me in French!! :) I will speak to the Bulldog later, when she comes in from spending what little money I have left. I take it your site is in Borax?? (y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I was wondering where it was but didn't like to ask

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Thank you, and how nice for you to write back to me in French!! :) I will speak to the Bulldog later, when she comes in from spending what little money I have left. I take it your site is in Borax?? (y)

Borax!!o_O Oh, my apologias to your wife for calling her a dog :oops:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Try face book "camping du villandraut" as we are just setting up a web site(y)
COOL!! Will do. I once had occasion to visit Bordrex, went to see that rather large 18" Railway Gun they have there.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just looked.....NICE....I like the ex German guardhouse at the gate.........;)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
COOL!! Will do. I once had occasion to visit Bordrex, went to see that rather large 18" Railway Gun they have there.

The submarine base that the Cockle Shell heroes blew up, and the German Gun emplacements on the coast are still open for visits; + more wine tasting Chateaus than you can shake a sick bag at:sick:(y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Cant find it.
Tried copying the name, but just got camping circon with three pics of what looks like construction going on.
Nothing more.

C'mon, Tootles.....give!

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Cant find it.
Tried copying the name, but just got camping circon with three pics of what looks like construction going on.
Nothing more.

C'mon, Tootles.....give!

That probably is it!! or should I say was it! Its progreste a lot since; Mainly Its the area you could be Interested in (y)

Dotty

Free Member
Sep 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocruisestardream
Exp
3 year
As non smokers, me and my old man would much prefer the smell of tobacco smoke than the stink of some of the dogs that we are forced to tolerate on campsites, plus the fact cigarette 's don't pee on our wheels as dogs do.

Dotty & Scowler

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I gave up smoking in 1990. The current desire to ban just about every bit of 'individual' freedom that remains is a tad worrying. If smokers want to smoke fine, it really doesn't bother me. Further reducing individuals liberty and personal freedoms really does bother me though. It's all about control, them controlling us.(n)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are both ex cigarette smokers, now using ecigs, we welcome both smokers and non smokers to our MH and if we are under the awning or outside we supply ashtrays for the smokers, it doesn't bother us one iota. There is already people moaning about ecigs in public. They will be the next thing for the no smoking brigade to try and ban. There are far to many people trying to tell us how to live our lives.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
For many non-smokers, the desire for non-smoking areas is because we dislike the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't care what you do with your money or health but I do care if your smoke affects me.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
For many non-smokers, the desire for non-smoking areas is because we dislike the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't care what you do with your money or health but I do care if your smoke affects me.

And what if I dislike the smell of your aftershave or dog?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

This may sound odd but it is absolutely genuine..
I REALLY dislike the smell of garlic and am actively allergic to uncooked apples ( violent reaction )..
So if someone is a garlic eater I simply avoid them.. difficult as garlic is so damned pervasive .. yet do I moan ? Nope..

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Feel free to come over and ask me not to use the aftershave; I'll happily stop using it near you if it affects you. The dog isn't ours - but if you see one near our pitch, feel free to take it to the dog only area where it won't jump up and scare my kids or knock over the supper table because it's owners can't keep it under control and it keeps escaping from their pitch.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
This may sound odd but it is absolutely genuine..
I REALLY dislike the smell of garlic and am actively allergic to uncooked apples ( violent reaction )..
So if someone is a garlic eater I simply avoid them.. difficult as garlic is so damned pervasive .. yet do I moan ? Nope..
If I pitched up next to you and started cooking with loads of garlic, what would you do? Pack up and leave or ask me if I could cook elsewhere etc?

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
When we are on a site we don't give a toss ,who does what .
We find most of who does what entertaining or amusing anyway.

It is reassuring though to know I am in a MH not a fully settled caravan so that if things got really messy we could just pull the plug and move.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If I pitched up next to you and started cooking with loads of garlic, what would you do? Pack up and leave or ask me if I could cook elsewhere etc?
That would depend if you were smoking or not.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies

So your OK with smoking pubs, an non smoking pubs(y) the same for campsites/restaurants/etc. ???:) thats one up for Democracy(y) :party2:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Feel free to come over and ask me not to use the aftershave; I'll happily stop using it near you if it affects you. The dog isn't ours - but if you see one near our pitch, feel free to take it to the dog only area where it won't jump up and scare my kids or knock over the supper table because it's owners can't keep it under control and it keeps escaping from their pitch.

Shucks!! another potential customer gone:( I'm not sure where the complaint about dogs came into this thread from, especially involved with Cooking?! It gets weirder buy the minute:confused:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Yep, but in a pub you have the luxury of going inside where it's nice and clean and fresh smelling.

Do you not see the absolute cheek of your post when it comes to smokers?

Do you consider yourself a superior being perhaps whereby the inside and outside of a pub should meet your own personal requirements?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back