Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Back to the BBQ, which seems to be ignored as a source of smoke and smell.
Any smoke is a health issue and any smell is a pollutant.
(Except for Sunday morning bacon.)

A camper smoking in the open in his own space is only a danger to himself, what's the problem, folks?
We are getting back to the Buttons psyche.............oooh, I don't like it, so it should be banned.
I'm an ex smoker but I don't care if people smoke or not.

Dogs on sites, on the other hand, are a danger to all.
Ignoring for a moment the health risks involved with dog shit, picked up or not, they are unpredictable, which makes them dangerous.
No one has mentioned banning them.

We must learn to live our own lives and stop worrying about telling others how to run theirs.

Now............
If we need to ban something...................
I cant abide the colour pink............
it should be banned.
And parsnips.
And custard creams.
And takeaway sweet and sour.

Oh, yeah....
And Welshmen.
(Not the ladies, they are lovely.)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Be careful what you wish for. It will be alcohol free campsites next!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I would welcome a ban on smoking at campsites.
Would you pay more to stay at a

1. Smoke Free Campsite?
2. Pink Free Campsite?
3. Parsnip Free Campsite?
4. Custard Creams cannot be banned, their British... ;)
5. Welshmen :eek: :eek: ?? Unbelievable request. :( you should be ashamed.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Be careful what you wish for. It will be alcohol free campsites next!

SHHHHH! "They" may hear you.

1. Smoke Free Campsite?
2. Pink Free Campsite?
5. Welshmen :eek: :eek: ?? Unbelievable request. :( you should be ashamed.. :rolleyes:

1. No
2. No.
3. No.
4. OK.
5. How about just Welshmen from Hinckley?

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I'd look/pay extra for compulsory golfing, motorhome only sites, then I wouldn't have to mingle with non golfers, Philistines !!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'd look/pay extra for compulsory golfing, motorhome only sites, then I wouldn't have to mingle with non golfers, Philistines !!
Grown men playing golf, never will understand what the attraction is. Then you have all that funny clothing they ware and the branded golf clubs, what is all that about. Definitely a handicap.:sleep:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I would ban dogs! Anywhere and everywhere! AND, I would ban beards!

Craig

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012

1. Smoke Free Campsite?
2. Pink Free Campsite?
1)Why should I pay more for a smoke free site? Thats a bit *SS about face? Its smokers who should pay more to stay on a smoking site. They cause more cost to the opperator than non smokers.
2) I am colour blind it makes no difference to me
3) As long as the parsnip has had a good frost on them before pulled then they are a very good vegetable ..
4) No health benefit from Custard Creams infact unhealty snack so there could be grounds to ban?
5) As long as welsh women are allowed I have no view.

What a strange list?

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
1)Why should I pay more for a smoke free site? Thats a bit *SS about face? Its smokers who should pay more to stay on a smoking site. They cause more cost to the opperator than non smokers.
2) I am colour blind it makes no difference to me
3) As long as the parsnip has had a good frost on them before pulled then they are a very good vegetable ..
4) No health benefit from Custard Creams infact unhealty snack so there could be grounds to ban?
5) As long as welsh women are allowed I have no view.

What a strange list?
Then you agree on smoking campsites, and non smoking campsites!! Its called Democracy(y)
Ps what strange replies:confused:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Never.. 40 years ago I was sitting round a table drinking a few 'brewski's' with some Mercan mates..
As the evening went on and the beer flowed, tongues got a little looser and truths were told.

All the 'sceptics' agreed they loved being in the UK but could never live here as it was too close to a communist state..
That was 40 years ago..
Nowadays there are more cameras per head capita in the UK than any other country in the world.
No aspect of our lives is left untouched by the government or the governments minions in the shape of do gooders who are so brain washed they actually believe they are doing what they do of their own volition.

1984 came and went and folk looked and laughed at the predictions of George Orwell..
Now look back with an open mind and you will proly see the man was far better at predictions than the Mayans !

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Now for me being a smoker and yes i would like to quit at some stage, but this will be my decision.
Smoking on campsites, beaches should it be banned - in my case no, i smoke 20 a day, ALWAYS put my dog ends in a bin or a jar when smoking by the motorhome, I never smoke indoors or in the motorhome, and unless im having a beer very rarely smoke around non smokers.
When i go to a pub there are always non smokers outside in the smoking area talking to the smokers and we never ask them to leave as this is a smoking area. When i have been on rallys funsters have come to my motorhome to assist with things or just for a chat and have not avoided me when i light up.
Regarding the strain it puts on NHS - if everyone quits the NHS will be in more financial difficulties as a large % of the tax on cigs go towards supporting the NHS. Where the older the older generation put even more strain on the NHS because people live a lot longer than they did 60 years ago. maybe we should put old people down when they reach 70 to save the strain on the NHS, the only drawback from this would be not many funsters left and prices of motorhomes would drop.(y):smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::swear:

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
(y)(y)(y)
Now for me being a smoker and yes i would like to quit at some stage, but this will be my decision.
Smoking on campsites, beaches should it be banned - in my case no, i smoke 20 a day, ALWAYS put my dog ends in a bin or a jar when smoking by the motorhome, I never smoke indoors or in the motorhome, and unless im having a beer very rarely smoke around non smokers.
When i go to a pub there are always non smokers outside in the smoking area talking to the smokers and we never ask them to leave as this is a smoking area. When i have been on rallys funsters have come to my motorhome to assist with things or just for a chat and have not avoided me when i light up.
Regarding the strain it puts on NHS - if everyone quits the NHS will be in more financial difficulties as a large % of the tax on cigs go towards supporting the NHS. Where the older the older generation put even more strain on the NHS because people live a lot longer than they did 60 years ago. maybe we should put old people down when they reach 70 to save the strain on the NHS, the only drawback from this would be not many funsters left and prices of motorhomes would drop.(y):smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::swear:

Well said! And also smokers don't punch somebody because they have had a cigarette or run people over unlike some alchohol abusers. As long as people are respectful of others then we should all live and let live.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back