No signal then no nothing ! (1 Viewer)

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Please can anyone help us with this problem, we tried putting sky on as normal and it was saying number 29, unplug wait 5 mins and plug back in, so this we did, but when we plugged it back in the box wouldn't turn on at all, also the dish box wouldn't turn on either, but as we had already got the dish up, when we come to come home the dish wouldn't come down, even when we turned on the engine it still didn't come down, all we had done is to take the lead out of the sky box, waitedd 5 mins and and put it back in and its caused all these problems. Everything else in the motorhome works, plugs lights etc. Fuses that we can see all look fine. Really appreciate your help with this

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like the sky box power supply has gone faulty (common fault) and popped a fuse or trip supplying power to the dish etc in the van

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
no signal then no nothing

Thank you very much for your reply, i have checked fuses and trips on the charger box and they all seem fine, where else would you think there could be a fuse please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have known the 12V feed for the sat. system to be picked up from the nearest 12V wiring, so if this is part of the habitation wiring it may have blown an unrelated fuse.

Often the 12V feed for the fridge is a prime candidate as it is midships, as are many sat. systems.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
no signal then no nothing

Thank you so much for your help, in the end it was a fuse inside the sky dish box that had blown. Much appreciate this site and the wonderful people that solve problems for us

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back