No power to heating and hotwater (1 Viewer)

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Evening all I can't seem to get the heating and hot water to work on my swift voyager 695 el could anyone shed some light please

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 179

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not sure but make sure if its gas that the outside cover is off or the boiler wont work.

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Just a quick look at your photo and I'm not familiar with your control panel ,but you have a red light on possibly indicating low voltage on your batteries... that might prevent the boiler heating system from working if that is the case..
Check your battery voltages just in case..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Hi the red light is charging my battery for the engine and we don't have a cover for the boiler

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OK, I'm gonna be really stoopit here. Is there a switch on the main control panel that turns the water heater on? And is it?

Assuming it is when we've had that problem turned it off and after a few seconds turned it back on and it worked.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
If you look at the fuses and switches under the seat I think there are trip switches to check

Upvote 0

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
The Truma controls appear to be set for mains electric. Are you on EHU and is it working? For example, does anything plugged into a mains socket work?
Have you tried setting the controls for gas operation?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Controls also appear to be set for hot water only. If you're running on electricity only, the water takes a long time to heat up. Both water heating and heating work much faster on gas as the total electric power on high is only 1.8kW.

Upvote 0

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Can you access the Truma unit? If there is a fault with it there will be a red LED flashing a fault code. You may have to remove a plastic cover (which just clips off) to see the LED.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I had a similar issue with a Truma fitted to my 2009 Bessacarr and after trying all resets and checking trips etc, it went back to my dealer under warranty and it turned out there was a blown fuse under a cover on the side of the Truma itself.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We rented a Voyager 695el on a few occasions, and to be honest, I never managed to get the damned heating and hot water to work properly. Looking at the obvious settings, you are set to electric and heating and hot water. What isn't obvious is the thermostat setting, have you turned the right hand knob up to max? If you do, does the light come on?

If you have no trips out, and it still doesn't work it does sound like a fuse has blown somewhere in the system.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
There are 2 slow delay fuses on the Truma heater. There is one at the bottom of the elec panel on the actual heater which may be the culprit. The fuses are cheap and can get from Maplins or other similar place
I had to be a contortionist to get to it but replacing solved the problem

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
We had to send the control panel and fuse board off for testing

Upvote 0

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Did you get it fixed. I had a similar issue on a 2011 Bessacarr E560, on mine under the fuse board there are three black rocker on off switches, the one for the heater was duff. had to fit a new one. Incidentally the ones I purchased were higher current rating, so may explain why the original failed.
Local dealer wanted £75 for the switch plus fitting. Purchased online new switches (had to buy three) plus delivery for ~£10, fitted in seconds, literally two cables on spades connectors and push fit the switch in to the wooden surround.

Hope you're sorted

Kev

Upvote 0

peterc

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Going off on a slight tangent, we have the same control panel in our motorhome and we were told that the red light is actually saying that you are using the starter battery to provide power to the 12v systems instead of the leisure battery. We were told this was not recommended as it would drain the starter battery very quickly and should only be used in an emergency.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Did you get it fixed. I had a similar issue on a 2011 Bessacarr E560, on mine under the fuse board there are three black rocker on off switches, the one for the heater was duff. had to fit a new one. Incidentally the ones I purchased were higher current rating, so may explain why the original failed.
Local dealer wanted £75 for the switch plus fitting. Purchased online new switches (had to buy three) plus delivery for ~£10, fitted in seconds, literally two cables on spades connectors and push fit the switch in to the wooden surround.

Hope you're sorted

Kev

It never ceases to amaze me at the sheer audacity of dealers wanting a fortune for a simple item.
Thank God for the Internet. I know there are rogues on there but the choice of product is mind boggling.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back