no news is good news (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys.......no news is good news, yesterday (friday) i got up early ,in cannock at the crack of dawn, and i went down to telford, to meet up with ambilkate, bill,kate,and amanda,.had a fabulous day with them all. ie .showed me around, done some shopping, etc...had a fabulous lunch...and some more shopping...anyways, after a terrific day went back with the lads, had a cuppa tea,done a couple of piccy,s. and headed back to cannock....on my return, done the usual thing ,ie, kettle on ,tv for the news etc..jus checked round the back of the van, to see if any young blondes queing up, waiting for me and so on...::bigsmile:got on skype to have a chat with me old marrow yosser hughes., and i ring him ...no answer.and so on for about an hour. eventualy i ring his home fone....he answers and sounds terrible...now if you dont know the story...he is on new medication for his arthritis...he is smotherd with flu. lynn is smotherd as well. and to top the lot, harley his new dog...well knew to him, his son has owned him for the last three yrs...and knows lynne as his nanna . has fallen very ill.he is now in the vets overnight. he is a three yr old shitsu...and a lovely chap, (well able for martin i can tell yoo)...this boyo has character, i have just spent three weeks touring with this little guy....and he sort of had a lot of time for me, where as any body else, he wouldent look at them..well its not good...martin got up yesterday to let the dogs out and this little chap couldent get up of his back legs...now i,m cutting the story short here lads as it is sort of painfull for me....as i have grown quite a relationship with this little chap, over the last few weeks....i will be ringing martin today.(saturday)to see what the outcome will be....i hope its not what i want to hear, but poor old martin and lynne have just lost a dog of 17 yrs....and now in such a short time they have to go through it all again....with a dog which is already in the family.i have had to post this, as some of yoo will understand, an animal can be just as good a freind as a human being.. and even more reliable....so girls an guys...if yoo can find a moment to think of this little guy, to try and help him through...i,m sure the good will come back to yoo in so many ways....as for martin....welll yer couldent kill a bad thing could yers.....smudger,.:Sad:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Sorry to hear about your little friend Smudger. It's upsetting when you see them suffer. Hope there is some improvement today. Joan.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi smudger sorry to hear about your mates pet ,hope its not as bad as it looks.u ok ,u got home safe from shepton then ,i will email u later with some info on l.e.d.s.stu.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks for that Smudger..

Hope the dog pulls through Martin. keep us informed,

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Hope a new day brings fresh hope to all, and a generous sprinkling of get well stuff.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
poor yoser!! if he did'nt have bad luck ,he would have no luck at all:Doh:
hope your dog makes a full recovery martin:thumb:
and the man flu thing,women think childbirth is painfull:RollEyes:they need to think themselfs lucky they dont get man flu.:ROFLMAO:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Best of wishes to the little chap . I hope he's ok?
Just met lyn and martin at shepton .lovely people and lovely cute dogs .
Hope he gets better soon xxx

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sorry to hear about Martin & Lynne and there little dog, We do so hope things will be much better today for them.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Lynn and Martin I hope the only news you get is good, I'd hate to hear Harley had bitten Martin for the last time. Chin up. We are all thinking of you all.
thanks for the heads up Doc

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well Derek & Martin what can I say, not got over Bruno yet starting to think I never will and reading this has gutted me.

Martin has had a bucket full of trouble lately and does not need this.

I am lost for words guys.........

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys i dont think i need to say anymore.....see martins post........thanks smudger:Sad:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Darlin', Thanks for giving us the full story leading up to the little one's demise. It makes it more poignant and helps people understand what Martin and lYnn are going through.... everyone who has lost a good friend will know the pain they are feeling and our thoughts must be with them now in their sadness.

Pleased you had a lovely day with the lovely Ambilkate's family.

Joy x

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
HI Smudger im sure with a good friend like you Martin will get through this

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks for the post Smudger, was wondering what had happened when I seen Martin's post, and the worst had happened, Martin & Lynne are such a nice couple hope their Luck changes soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back