No flies on me - if only!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by staging lady, Oct 17, 2010.

1. staging lady

staging lady Funster

We keep our MH in storage nearly 30 miles round trip so we only get there when we go away.
    After coming back from Bath we cleaned out the motorhome and removed all traces of food to deter mice and insects.
    We put half a tennis ball over the exhaust so no way in for critters.
    When we went away this weekend we found hundreds of dead and dying flies as we opened the door to get our stuff packed.
    It was the first time this has happened. This is the first autumn it has been on the farm.
    Where did the flies come from?
    How did they get in? All doors and windows were locked. The MH was clean what did they live on?
    As you can see I am panicking . I did notice some fly deposits on the exterior paintwork ...
    Lucille

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

just possible there was one or two hiding after the last trip.....doesnt take long for an infestation to gather speed.

they may also have found a way in through the dash vents.

3. Swisstony

Swisstony Read Only Funster

Nasty! It sounds like cluster flys. We get them in our loft sometimes. As soon as it starts to get warm, they 'Wake up', and escape through a very small gap in the loft hatch. Drives me nuts!

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

This happened to us too. I was shocked and started to imagine maggots hiding somewhere. Ours were all round the door when we opened it. Nasty.

5. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Thank you .I too had visions of maggots but couldn't see any. It's as though they they got in to hibernate for the winter. UGH!!
    Lucille:Blush: