No brake lights

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mikey RV, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Anyone got any ideas, was in traffic today and lady behind comes to window and says you got no brake lights, thank you I says. We I were nearly home so got home and checked bulbs ok, checked fuse ok, checked connections ok, there is. Little conecter buy the brake pedal which when you push the brake pedal pushes a plunger type button and starts a connection I presume. Could it be this part and is there any way I can test it. It's on a Burstner elegance 821.

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If you just pull the wires off the switch and short them out, the brake lights should come on.. If not, then you will have to look elsewhere
    My Autotrail has all the rear lights run through the Sargent control box.. Silly idea if you ask me, and there are other fuses in that for the rear lights too ...

3. mickymouse

mickymouse Read Only Funster

Have you checked the earthing wire/neg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Ok guys thanks for replays, all sorted now a mate tested the little switchy thing all ok there but there were two wires hanging down that should have had a fuse inbetween them. Put a fuse in we have brake lights again, god knows where the other fuse has gone.