no astra 2

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by laneside, Oct 6, 2013.

1. laneside

laneside Funster

mobilsat dish finally failed me..it was brilliant all down spain and portugal last year and has worked brilliant all the way down france for the last month but it lost astra two on friday night as we turned the corner towards santander and lynda hates astra one an ex pat with same dish is having a similar problem up at la rochelle have they finally changed the satelitte does anyone know appolgies for punctuation but no wifi either so sent from kindle

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Still OK at Parc Verger Alan. :thumb:

3. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

We had the same problem last weekend with our glomex they said the problem arose fri/sat when the sat moved.Ihad to get a software update,havent tried it yet.:thumb:

4. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Strange as Heyupluv called me at home yesterday as he is having the same problem. I cannot test mine as would have to pulled out of garage. I had mine running 100% 10 days ago whilst in Cartagena.

Strange......

5. laneside

laneside Funster

I did manage to eventually set it manually last night while she watched the Antiques roadshow but now moved further west and no luck at present, perhaps another vino will help

6. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Come back this way and see if you pick it up again... :thumb::RollEyes::BigGrin:

7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

AKA Laneside Family Tree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

There are a lot of funny things happening in UK Sats right now as many channels are changing transponders ( as I discovered this morning ).

I will be pulling our MH out end of the week and then I will do a sat find see what happens......

• Like Like x 2
  9. laneside

laneside Funster

She has just scrubbed your name off the card list--------What is Kath's address?

10. keith

keith Funster

I doubt another Vino will help :Rofl1::Rofl1: you won't know the difference between 1 & 2 :Rofl1:

However on a serious note ... as you move S & West you will need more skew (that's skew not screw).

For comparison, here in Scotland we have to skew the LNB 20 deg. but down on the Algarve it's 30+ deg, and that's assuming your van is level.

But it really is an unknown position until they have stopped messing about with their new satellites.

Keep us informed please.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. crizatuk

crizatuk

Re Satalites

I spoke to a sky engineer about this so called moving channels to a new satellite, in his words he said sky would not do that as every single sat dish in the UK would have to be realigned to the new satellite it would cost them millions and take ages to get every UK customer lined up???
    If there just changing the frequency's you can change the frequency's yourself.

Using sky remote select Services 4 then 01, select 2 the freq for UK is 11778
    here are a few more, 12207,12129,12051,12200,12480,12402,11973,12422,12050,12240.
    Good luck.
    Am no expert but have used this system a few times.:thumb:

12. keith

keith Funster

But thing are changing, Sky don't own satellites and if you read here it may shed more light on the subject.

13. Ladylea

Ladylea Funster

No astra2

Just looked on a friends web page Satellite for caravans.co.uk and he has a update on the launch of the new astra 2e it maybe of interest for you. Hope you are enjoying yourselves hope to see you both and Lily soon.

Lesley

• Like Like x 1
  14. crizatuk

crizatuk

Re

Just read that article 3 times still confused, looks like they are moving it back to Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees? so will sky still broadcast via there freq? :Doh:

15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Some bloody engineer he is!!!!!!!!!! - They are moving onto another satellite and by December. What he FAILED to understand is that the new satellite will move into the same orbit as the current ones. There will be NO need to "move every single sat dish" to realign them to the new satellite as it will be in the same place as the others. I do wish people would get the facts right before stating them...... All you have to do is "google" it and the answers are there......... What ever you do please DO NOT USE THAT ENGINEER to look at your equipment as he will cock it up.......................:Eeek:

• Like Like x 3
  16. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

I tried our Camos dome yesterday at the storage area in Derbyshire and it locked on to Astra 2 easily with a decent picture. Will try it again next weekend. :Eeek: I had heard that earlier versions of the Camos Dome are going to be rendered into useless scrap by this satellite move..........tried to get info from Road Pro, who sold these domes for years, but unless I can climb onto my MH roof :Eeek: I cannot get a pic of the sticker which shows what version it is.

Any info on this sat move or realignment etc welcomed here.........
    EDIT
    Don Quixote, just seen your post. Hope that gives us some hope with our Camos Dome!

17. crizatuk

crizatuk

Well that wont help me anyway as I am wintering in Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy as long as I get my promised lift off Supreme Commander Thor :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

18. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Satellite

Hi

We were in Italy in September and we could not get Channel 5 or certain ITV+1 channels. BBC1/2/ITV and C4 were OK. The reason is C5 has moved to Astra2E and it has a much smaller footprint. We were able to get C5 at Lake Maggiore though

BBC1 etc are moving soon if not already.

I am working on a method to get these channels via "other methods" but I need to be back in Italy to test it etc.

Russell

19. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Astra 2

We have a Place In Central Portugal, near Ansiao. We have a 1.2 Metre Dish & Sky+ Box (old Type) We lost Channel 5/5USA etc when they started moving stuff.

In June I started using the lastest Sky+ HD Receiver and were then able to receive Channel 5 HD. We are now back in the UK for a time but our friends in Alvorge are going to keep us updated. So when i hear will post.

Ant & Debs

• Like Like x 3