No 12v power in habitation area

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by vectian, Feb 11, 2016.

1. vectian

vectian Funster

I have a Y plate Hobby 600 on a Ducati chassis.
    About 2weeks ago all was fine and everything was working ok. Today I went into it and there's no 12v to the lights, water pump, TV booster, but the fridge ignition works and the fridge runs on 12v when the engine is running. There is also 12v to the TV which runs direct to the TV via a separate switch direct from the leisure battery. All 4 circuit breakers seem fine.
    The engine starts perfectly and even when running there is no 12 volt to the hab area. At present I cant get it onto mains to see what happens then until the weekend.
    The only fuse in the engine compartment I can find seems fine.
    Batteries show about 13 volts on the display voltmeters and the ammeter is dead centre with no charge or discharge.
    Anybody any ideas what could be wrong.

2. vectian

vectian Funster

I've put it on mains hook up and the control panel shows the leisure batteries are fully charged.
    The fuses on the leisure batteries are intact. Ive taken the control panel off and there doesn't appear to be any 12 volt feeds to be live on it.
    Anybody any ideas what co

3. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

The only advice I can offer is negative in that the habitation area should be isolated apart from the fridge when the engine is running.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vectian

vectian Funster

Thanks vin0114
    Spent most of day trying to sort. After having to remove both front captains seats to get to leisure battery and what I thought was a battery charger I find power going into the box but nothing going to the control panel. A very helpful Paul at Themotorhomedepot says it is likely this big black box under the seat thats the problem. Sent him pics to identify which particular unit it is for the age and model. Has anyone any idea what its called and where I might source one and the rough price of it

5. RichardB

RichardB Funster

Can you post pictures so we can see what it is

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster

That is only on British vans

Joe

7. vectian

vectian Funster

PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG Here's the offending object, the first pic shows it with the top of the box removed to show the workings, mainly a transformer, circuit board with 6 or 7 relays. The second is the label from the front.
    There's power on two of the leads from leisure battery and vehicle battery and nothing out of it

8. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Thanks @denisejoe, didn't know that and amazed that this is a just a UK requirement when every other restraint seems to originate from EU directives.

11. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster

everything in the back of our Euramobil works with the engine on. Just need to arrange some straps so that Denise can cook our dinner while we're going along, LOL! Already got a seatbelt on the loo.

joe

• Like Like x 2
  12. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

AFAIK this one comes from some bright spark in the NCC (group that represents UK caravan and motorhome manufacturers). Daft idea. AFAIK none of the European motorhomes have this restriction - the Adria I had before and my present Hymer certainly don't.