seamus

Free Member
Aug 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 640
Exp
Since 1995
Can anybod y help. I have a 1998 kontiki 640 which stopped working on 12 volt. It works on gas and 240 mains. I also have 12 volt from the leisure battery to the ignitor. I have a red/yellow cable coming from the fuse box in the engine compartment to the fridge with no power with the engine running which has a 15 amp fuse. there are two 20 amp fuses on the block with power and one spare. i have tested both relays using a 12 volt battery and checked for continuity they seem to be working perfectly. I have also swapped them around. Can any one point m e in the right direction. Thanks in anticipation this is my second day trying to figure it out.

Seamus

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
have you tried the 12 volt heater element?, if as you say you have power to the fridge then this could be the answer, I take it that your fridge only works on 12 whilst the vehicles engine is running?

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
have you tried the 12 volt heater element?, if as you say you have power to the fridge then this could be the answer, I take it that your fridge only works on 12 whilst the vehicles engine is running?

sorry just reread the post, try to see if there is a sergent interface unit somtimes fitted behind the drivers seat this will have the hab changeover relay and fuses in it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

seamus

Free Member
Aug 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 640
Exp
Since 1995
Thanks for the replys. I eventualy tracked down the problem. The 12 volt that i had at the fridge was coming from the leisure battery which threw me completly. Where as the problem lay in the supply up to the fuse holder from the alternator, where i found a fracture in the cable coming up from the alternator. A couple of crimp on connectors some insulating tape and the fridge is know working again.

Thanks again for the replys.

Seamus

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
sorry just reread the post, try to see if there is a sergent interface unit somtimes fitted behind the drivers seat this will have the hab changeover relay and fuses in it
i have just found out my fridge fuse blew on the interface and when i tried to get the fuse out it broke the interface, but i cant find how to get a new one....i need a new interface,,,any ideas ?

OP
OP
S

seamus

Free Member
Aug 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 640
Exp
Since 1995
Hi you can contact Sargent Electrical Services. E-mail support@sargentitd.co.uk or else they have a technical support phone line 01482 678981. I am sure they will either repair the interface or supply you with a new replacment.

Seamus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back