nissan navara auto or manual

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CHRI$, Feb 28, 2016.

1. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

Nissan Navara for towing a fiver,auto or manual?
    looking to buy a 5th wheel about 26/28 foot and a nissan navara 2.5l d40 to tow it with but cant make my mind up about getting a auto or a manual.

2. Rolly

Rolly Funster

Had Navara auto with Calder 5th wheel it was a joy to drive and had no problems towing. Take care with security as our 5th wheel was stolen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Had an early manual, easy driving. Looked into use with 5th wheel but reduced fuel consumption of 12mpg put me off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dino

dino Read Only Funster

Had a 2006 auto great to drive, also had a tuning box fitted went like stink, but you paid in mpg, but I loved it, would get another tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Navara's had problems with clutches burning out,don't know whether they have sorted it now but most seemed to opt for automatic when I was looking but then I bought a Mazda Bt50.

Navara's are not the only, and in my opinion not the best, pickups for towing lightweight 5'ers to 3500k, my Bt50 has 200+ k advantage on train weight over a standard Navara but Navara's can be uprated to 65ook train weight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonyl

tonyl Funster

Colleague had an 06 manual as his company 'car' (nice low P11D value on commercials). It was used a number of times to tow a trailer with a tractors or car on it and the clutch didn't last very long. It was replaced with an auto at the first opportunity. This proved to be a much better tow car and we concluded that the manual just wasn't up to the job. The Navara auto also seemed a much better drive than the HiLux which replaced it.

• Like Like x 1