LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am a self confessed NIMBY Tofo:thumb:

I don't know if the phone is more dangerous than the mast but I do know that I am not convinced by the scientific " evidence" that phone signals are harmless and whilst that evidence is unclear I would fight like hell to stop these phone companies erecting a mast within 300 metres of two primary schools.

I complain about the signal only because Vodafone represented that the signal was strong in my area when it isn't. I will be switching in about 2 months time not just because of the signal but because I hate Vodafone.

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

I don't know if the phone is more dangerous than the mast but I do know that I am not convinced by the scientific " evidence" that phone signals are harmless and whilst that evidence is unclear I would fight like hell to stop these phone companies erecting a mast within 300 metres of two primary schools.

I complain about the signal only because Vodafone represented that the signal was strong in my area when it isn't. I will be switching in about 2 months time not just because of the signal but because I hate Vodafone.

I can understand near schools as it's an unknown
as you say
But most kids over 9 ish seem to have a mobile

I wasn't pointing a finger as such just an observation I've had for years

Where I live there is about a thousand dwellings
We have had signal probs since mobiles came about
To be truthful,
Every time a company wanted to put a mast in people opposed it
yet they moaned as their was no signal

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Better stay out of London then. The Crystal Palace TV transmitter pumps out 200 KW of power. Not a 'phone mast but apart from frequency more or less the same thing.

No, hang on, perhaps it is frying the brains of Londoners. That would explain Westminster.

Mobile phone masts are limited to 3 KW.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Same with the power industry. No one wants to be near a power station but woe betide being unable to watch coronation street.

Once did a meet and great for a new project. Had an interesting discussion with a lady about dirty filthy power stations, which in the end (somewhat exasperated) I said well what are you going to do go home and sit in the dark. The response was I don't care where it comes from as long as it's not near me!:Eeek:

I guess we are all a bit like that about one thing or another:RollEyes:

Wouldn't do for us all to be the same

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Oi like your little furry person Tofo ,ee's almost as 'ansome as oi!:roflmto:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Phone masts have a low output, not much more than a mobile phone, and a lot further away. So much less hazardous than using a phone or even being in the same room as someone with a phone.

I think people complain because of the look of them. There is one up the road disguised (badly) as a tree.

TV and radio masts much higher output of course.

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Its just the same with the Airports. I used to live near Gatwick and a lot of people worked up at the airport and spent their time complaining about aircraft noise. Er hello, no aircraft, no job :Doh:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I wouldn't worry about the negligible effects a phone mast has on children's brains. Put 'em up near schools I say!
Their minds are harmed far more by the visual crap they ingest via their smart phones, tablets, PCs and games consoles!::bigsmile:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

all the phone companies produce a signal strength 'map' but stress the indicated signal strength is estimated and cant be taken as accurate.

T mobile map shows large areas of scarborough as having a 2G signal....no it doesnt, T mobile 2G is almost none existant throughout town.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
all the phone companies produce a signal strength 'map' but stress the indicated signal strength is estimated and cant be taken as accurate.

T mobile map shows large areas of scarborough as having a 2G signal....no it doesnt, T mobile 2G is almost none existant throughout town.

Yes I know but I did ask the specific question before the firm bought 20 smart phones on 2 year contracts.. The signal is crap in our office as well.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I asked my late cousin, David Larsen, about dangers from mobile phone transmitters years ago and he reassured me that there were no dangers.

David was one of the early developers of mobile phone technology. He had worked with radio since the 1940s and had a large experimental radio station on his farm at Salbu in Gauteng province - so knew a but about transmitters :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back