night heating (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I just bought me a Winnibago Itasca sunrise...YIPPEEEEEE
and as I fulltimer cold winter nights can be a problem. When im on hook up I leave a fan heater on all night but what do folk do when wild camping ?
I dont fancy leaving the blown air heating on all night as I only need to warm the bedroom and I presume leaving a fan heater on will drain the leisure battery rather quickly ??

12-Bolt

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Not decided yet
Exp
Just researching at the moment
I just bought me a Winnibago Itasca sunrise...YIPPEEEEEE
and as I fulltimer cold winter nights can be a problem. When im on hook up I leave a fan heater on all night but what do folk do when wild camping ?
I dont fancy leaving the blown air heating on all night as I only need to warm the bedroom and I presume leaving a fan heater on will drain the leisure battery rather quickly ??

Two naked bodies. :Eeek:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi winnie heating an RV with electric is only practical on EHU, even a small 400watt panel heater running from an inverter, is going to kill anything but a massive battery pack overnight.

Even your gas blown air heater is problematic without a decent set of batteries, as the fan draws around 10amps, and left on all night in cold weather will probably flatten or seriously deplete a couple of batteries.

I would say your choices are extra blankets, extra batteries or extra bodies. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As a full timer myself I would say an EHU is a must for winter.. except a one night stop over..

If you want to wild camp then you will need a big battery bank, run the a genny daily to charge the batteries and have a decent multi-stage charger fitted, the bog standard power supply unit fitted to most RVs is pretty useless at charging properly.. or...

Alternatively you could fit either a catalytic heater which uses no leccy or a wood burning stove ..:winky:

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back