Niesmann Bischoff windows

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by normanandsue, May 1, 2012.

1. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

I need some help and advice - I am contemplating buying a N+B but have found the double glazed windows on the driver and passenger sides are misting over.
    There is no apparant water penetration into the van but clearly the double glazing seal has broken.
    How serious a problem is this, should I consider replacing the windows?
    If so has anyone any idea what this would cost?

Norman

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

there is a company that can copy the acrylic windows on motorhomes and caravans. not seen an advert for them for a while, but it was around £100 a window. much cheaper than going through the converter, as you are dealing direct with the manufacturer

3. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, we have double glazed front side windows in our euramobil, I would say very expensive to replace.:Doh:
    We looked at a flair before we got this one, and one of the glass panels had been broke leaving just a single glaze, makes you wonder if it had been smashed on purpose. :BigGrin:

I was talking to a couple with a RV at Rutland Water a while back and he had removed his windows and had a company make him tinted double glazed window units, christ knows what it cost him, but he was happy with the result, and no more condensation only from the windscreen and he lived near Lutterworth but I don't know who made them, so it is possible.

I would look into it before buying because it could cost a lot, and would be more than a pain steamed up. :Doh: Bob.

4. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

You will find little rubber plugs in em. Take one or two out park with sun on window and hey presto condensation will have gone. Replace rubber plugs while still in the sun. :thumb:

Hardest part is finding the sun. :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  6. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

hiardryer on low heat fitter to a tube, bown into bung hole