nicky clarke travel hairdryer (1 Viewer)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if the ladies need a hairdryer while in the motorhome,and the guys are worried about power loss when not on ehu,then can i recomend the nicky clarke travel hairdryer,fran borrowed one of these off kath,at malvern,and it does exactly what it says,and at only 500 watt,its not heavy on the batteries.
fran was that impressed that we bought one:thumb:
and on offer at amazon at just under ÂŁ12 with free post:thumb:
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nicky-Clarke-NHA005-Blow-Styler/dp/B002AKJQ9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314610595&sr=8-3[/ame]

i know that there are lower wattage ones on the market,but we have tried a few and dont realy do what is needed:Sad:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
mmmm .. what do you class as heavy ?

500watt is drawing 41amps ...

say 15mins use = 10ah, that is 1/4 of an 80ah battery's useful power.

of course, not an issue if you have a fast alternator charger :winky:
ten amps aint a lot jim::bigsmile:
i like the way you juggle the figures to suit jim,15 mins to dry hair is extream to say the least,and how many motorhomer's run just i 80ah battery,now do your calc on one 110ah bat and say 8 mins drying time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
ten amps aint a lot jim::bigsmile:
i like the way you juggle the figures to suit jim,15 mins to dry hair is extream to say the least,and how many motorhomer's run just i 80ah battery,now do your calc on one 110ah bat and say 8 mins drying time.

not juggling .. but I take your point about the time in use... depends on user..

but either way, 41 amps is a heavy load..

you understand the implications.. but many on here may not, so saying it's not heavy could mislead.. hence my posting.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
not juggling .. but I take your point about the time in use... depends on user..

but either way, 41 amps is a heavy load..

you understand the implications.. but many on here may not, so saying it's not heavy could mislead.. hence my posting.
you are right jim 41 amps is a heavy load,but that is measured over an hour,so it would pull 41 amps out you bat if used for one hour,but used for about 8 mins would pull about 5/6 amps, that aint alot.:thumb:
and if running through a genny, a 600 watt genny would happly run it all day:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
you are right jim 41 amps is a heavy load,but that is measured over an hour,so it would pull 41 amps out you bat if used for one hour,but used for about 8 mins would pull about 5/6 amps, that aint alot.:thumb:
and if running through a genny, a 600 watt genny would happly run it all day:thumb:

sorry Chris I'm not trying to be argumentative or pedantic..

but this can confuse a non electrically minded person who may be thinking on installing an inverter to run the misses hair dryer.. so to clarify:

41amps is the load.. so cables and inverter need to be sized accordingly ..

6AH (not 6A ) is amps x hours, taken from the battery.. not the load.

a lot easier and less hassle just to give her a No2 hair cut :roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

No it wouldn't, your post implies that fuel would not be taken in to consideration. Clearly to run a Genny all day, you would need to put petrol in it for that scenario to be filled. Another misleading post. :winky:

Awaits comeback :Nowink:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Chris thank you very much for this post:thumb:

I have been looking for something like this for ages, will save me a fortune in hairdressing cost:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
No it wouldn't, your post implies that fuel would not be taken in to consideration. Clearly to run a Genny all day, you would need to put petrol in it for that scenario to be filled. Another misleading post. :winky:

Awaits comeback :Nowink:
yer like you need a hairdryer:ROFLMAO:
but my new genny is solar powered,puttin out a zillion watts ,needing no fuel,and cost about 3p to build,intrested:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
yer like you need a hairdryer:ROFLMAO:
but my new genny is solar powered,puttin out a zillion watts ,needing no fuel,and cost about 3p to build,intrested:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes but is it noisy.. ?

I SAID IS IT NOISY ????

I SAID IS IT NOISY ???

Sorry cant hear you still deaf after watching a demo of a 12v generator at Malvern....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Yes but is it noisy.. ?

I SAID IS IT NOISY ????

I SAID IS IT NOISY ???

Sorry cant hear you still deaf after watching a demo of a 12v generator at Malvern....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
thats the old one,the new one is as silent as a butterfly flapping its wings on a hot summers day:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back