Nice week for camping in Wales (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
This just shows what a good bloke Jim is! What a hidden gem they have there! :secret:
Lyn and I stayed at Red Kite Camping a few weekends ago, with our two dogs Sabre and Shadow.

For everyone that complains about generators, hustle and bustle and general noise they really must stay on this site, it is unique. For everyone that complains about the cost of campsites they really should stay on this site! And for anyone that really appreciates the Countryside, they really should stay on this site! If you don't you can't complain that these sites don't exist!

To wake up in the morning, slowly coming around from a nights uninterrupted sleep and realise that you can hear nothing, absolutely nothing. The feeling is so strange in this day and age, it is quite atmospheric!

Opening the curtains, you see what you missed the night before when you arrived in the dark, the view!

The site slopes (with level hard standings)and looks down into the valley with beautiful Cambrian mountains as a backdrop! Running left to right the mountains seem to wrap the valley and provides a canvas for the shadows of the clouds that play across the sky

Looking up, the tops were shrouded in mist, and if one ever thought that Dragons could still exist in Wales, this would be their lair! We even marvelled at the fact that we were looking down on the top of clouds in the valley below us.

It is like being able to wake up in a time bubble, a time where the pace of life was much slower, and probably much better because of it.

I really can't think of a site that I have enjoyed more when looking for a quiet weekend away!

Walking the dogs around the local lanes, we chewed the cud with other walkers, many with dogs and even spoke in English to some of the locals:thumb:

Everyone made us very welcome, and everyone had time to be human!

When we left, we decided to go the long way around back to Taunton, and drove across the Brecon Beacons, which I had never visited before, again stunning, evocative and timeless, leaving you feeling a little less permanent than when you entered

I told Jim that he should charge a bit more and keep the numbers down! :roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Glad you enjoyed your stay here Eddie. Thanks for those kind words, with your permission I'll copy them and place them on the Red Kite Website:thumb:

This just shows what a good bloke Jim is! What a hidden gem they have there! :secret:
Lyn and I stayed at Red Kite Camping a few weekends ago, with our two dogs Sabre and Shadow.

For everyone that complains about generators, hustle and bustle and general noise they really must stay on this site, it is unique. For everyone that complains about the cost of campsites they really should stay on this site! And for anyone that really appreciates the Countryside, they really should stay on this site! If you don't you can't complain that these sites don't exist!

To wake up in the morning, slowly coming around from a nights uninterrupted sleep and realise that you can hear nothing, absolutely nothing. The feeling is so strange in this day and age, it is quite atmospheric!

Opening the curtains, you see what you missed the night before when you arrived in the dark, the view!

The site slopes (with level hard standings)and looks down into the valley with beautiful Cambrian mountains as a backdrop! Running left to right the mountains seem to wrap the valley and provides a canvas for the shadows of the clouds that play across the sky

Looking up, the tops were shrouded in mist, and if one ever thought that Dragons could still exist in Wales, this would be their lair! We even marvelled at the fact that we were looking down on the top of clouds in the valley below us.

It is like being able to wake up in a time bubble, a time where the pace of life was much slower, and probably much better because of it.

I really can't think of a site that I have enjoyed more when looking for a quiet weekend away!

Walking the dogs around the local lanes, we chewed the cud with other walkers, many with dogs and even spoke in English to some of the locals:thumb:

Everyone made us very welcome, and everyone had time to be human!

When we left, we decided to go the long way around back to Taunton, and drove across the Brecon Beacons, which I had never visited before, again stunning, evocative and timeless, leaving you feeling a little less permanent than when you entered

I told Jim that he should charge a bit more and keep the numbers down! :roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't need no photoshop today, wall to wall gorgeous blue sky. We've no campers here to share it with though. Really windy yesterday and the trees took a hammering and lost a few leaves, but most leaves are still hanging on and it certainly does not look like November. The colours still turning as if in early October.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When we were at Jim's (Link Removed a lovely, peaceful spot. Jane, Bob and Izzy :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Nice Wales small.jpg
    Nice Wales small.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Red Kite.........pfft

..................we have dozens, sometimes hundreds over Portsmouth.

.......................................Go on, google kites and portsmouth, bloody millions there are

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back