Nice week for camping in Wales (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Been a glorious week here, just finished work and sat in the kitchen with a big fat glass of red. The week has seen a steady stream of Funsters stop at with us Link Removed, so have been up past my bedtime a couple of times too :Blush: Lovely bright days with dark nights with the stars seeming to be only a mile away.

Looking forward to a nice weekend with more big blue skies. Have fun where ever you are:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Jim. Hope to be there with you next year june or july (when better half) makes up her mind ,spending 3 poss 4 weeks your way gower to pembroke etc. see you then. Terry:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we left yours and have arrived at Pembury cc site been for a nice walk and a bit of a ski on the dry slope .. had a lovely drive down and I must say I am really impressed by the beauty of this part of wales. Wonderful camp site is red kite with real friendly owners. The cc site we are staying on is a real eye opener... Beautiful but it's years since we stated on a cc site. So tomorrow we go to a castle and then on to carmathon for a couple of hours... So glad we bought the car as so much to see.... And not met a miserable welsh person yet....

Shame of course it will end at some point but enjoying it while we can ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am in Wales for the weekend at Shell island for the end of season party and the weather is superb. Looking forward to the firework display tomorrow and the band is playing my kind of music so who knows maybe a dance of two tomorrow night.

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
the view we woke up to on friday morning :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• _MG_9879.jpg
    _MG_9879.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 82
  • _MG_9890.jpg
    _MG_9890.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 75

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well we left yours and have arrived at Pembury cc site been for a nice walk and a bit of a ski on the dry slope .. had a lovely drive down and I must say I am really impressed by the beauty of this part of wales. Wonderful camp site is red kite with real friendly owners. The cc site we are staying on is a real eye opener... Beautiful but it's years since we stated on a cc site. So tomorrow we go to a castle and then on to carmathon for a couple of hours... So glad we bought the car as so much to see.... [HI]And not met a miserable welsh person yet....[/HI]

Shame of course it will end at some point but enjoying it while we can ::bigsmile:

Have to say I keep my foot down when I'm in Wales too...........:ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Well we left yours and have arrived at Pembury cc site been for a nice walk and a bit of a ski on the dry slope .. had a lovely drive down and I must say I am really impressed by the beauty of this part of wales. Wonderful camp site is red kite with real friendly owners. The cc site we are staying on is a real eye opener... Beautiful but it's years since we stated on a cc site. So tomorrow we go to a castle and then on to carmathon for a couple of hours... So glad we bought the car as so much to see....[HI]And not met a miserable welsh person yet.... [/HI]

I'm not in that area at the moment so you're safe:winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Beutifull morning here on Shell.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
the view we woke up to on friday morning :thumb::thumb:

Nice pictures Gary, did you get one of our kingfisher on the pond?

As for your Red Kites, you should have stayed an extra day. Big Map arrived here the day you left and parked on your pitch. I was chatting to him yesterday for about 45 minutes, during all that time we had 3 big Kites very low directly overhead:roflmto: Bummer::bigsmile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We will be doing Wales next year prolly April/May hope there is room for us for a few days Jim.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well we are moving on now . Had a great walk this am with Tara through the park and in to the sea ... Sadly time to go but would thoroughly recommend this place to any one. No in fact don't come as I don't want it getting yo busy !!! So commencing 4 hr journey home with toad and tired dog. Thanks wales

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005

no it was too shy:roflmto:

As for your Red Kites, you should have stayed an extra day. Big Map arrived here the day you left and parked on your pitch. I was chatting to him yesterday for about 45 minutes, during all that time we had 3 big Kites very low directly overhead:roflmto: Bummer::bigsmile:

you will have to catch one for me to photo next time we come:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Do you mean like this Jim? :Smile:

Attachments

• Kingfisher.jpg
    Kingfisher.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 27

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's fantastic that these lovely birds are more prevalent these days.

I remember about 30 years ago there were only a few pairs in Wales up at Tregarron. I seem to remember at that time all the red kites in Wales emanated from one single female bird, so low were the numbers.

It all stemmed from them being classed as vermin a few hundred years ago I think.

Something else the UK should be grateful to Wales for :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for the bump Yosser:winky:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Red Kite Camping

Just returned home from Red Kite camping, idealic site for a site for a few days stop over. Sadly we were only there for two nights, to see our daughter who is a student at Lampeter Uni and drop of some much needed supplies.
Saturday morning while talking to Jim we were fortunate enough to see a spectacular aerial display by three large Red Kites as they flew over us for almost an hour.
Took a drive down to Cardigan and had an excellent meal at the Riverside Inn, which is situated by the river near Poppit sands, also got the taste for Brains Black Welsh stout.:thumb:
Hope to return to Red Kite early next year and stay for longer.

Cheers Mike.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just returned home from Red Kite camping, idealic site for a site for a few days stop over. Sadly we were only there for two nights, to see our daughter who is a student at Lampeter Uni and drop of some much needed supplies.
Saturday morning while talking to Jim we were fortunate enough to see a spectacular aerial display by three large Red Kites as they flew over us for almost an hour.
Took a drive down to Cardigan and had an excellent meal at the Riverside Inn, which is situated by the river near Poppit sands, also got the taste for Brains Black Welsh stout.:thumb:
Hope to return to Red Kite early next year and stay for longer.

Cheers Mike.

Glad you enjoyed your short stay Mike:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back