Nextbase dash cam help/question (1 Viewer)

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hi All

I decided I wanted to record some of my trips around the Scottish highlands to show the kids how narrow some of the roads are up there, so wife bought me a 312GW for Xmas and on my first trip, in my haste to use it I stupidly left the protective film over the lens.

Using a 32gb card, it plays back OK on the dash cam but very jerky, stop starty on laptop windows 8.1 which is so annoying as it is my short journey from Glenmore up to the ski center on New Year's day in the snow.

I have a 8gb card which I used the following day after removing the lens film and that works perfectly, so, does anyone know if it's the film causing the playback issue or is there something else I should be doing?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi All

I decided I wanted to record some of my trips around the Scottish highlands to show the kids how narrow some of the roads are up there, so wife bought me a 312GW for Xmas and on my first trip, in my haste to use it I stupidly left the protective film over the lens.

Using a 32gb card, it plays back OK on the dash cam but very jerky, stop starty on laptop windows 8.1 which is so annoying as it is my short journey from Glenmore up to the ski center on New Year's day in the snow.

I have a 8gb card which I used the following day after removing the lens film and that works perfectly, so, does anyone know if it's the film causing the playback issue or is there something else I should be doing?
It may be the 32g card is not a class ten.
If it is a cheapy one it will not have the speed to use in your dvr

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like your 8gb card is an Ultra or Extreme (top quality) and the 32gb is not? I had a 32gb Sandisk in my Nextbase and had problems. Nextbase told me that I needed to use an Sandisk Ultra in order to save data fast enough and this has cured the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
This is the recommended one, class 10 and just £9.49 from our local Tesco
IMG_0379.JPG

Deleted User
This is the advice in the manual for jumpy feedback

Remove the SD card and reformat to remove non-contiguous files.
For best recording use a branded class 10 type (30MB/s) or UHS
type 1 micro SD card of 8 to 32GB recommended size.
PC may not be sufficient for the playback task, try a different PC.
Copy the recorded video files onto the PC / Mac for playback
directly rather than use the iN-CAR CAM as a card reader, as the
USB system on your PC may be too slow for HD video playback.

Deleted User
Be wary of where you buy your sd cards. They may say class type 10 on the card there are a lot of poor quality fakes around.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Be wary of where you buy your sd cards. They may say class type 10 on the card there are a lot of poor quality fakes around.
You are right there..
Over the holiday period a neighbour asked me to look at a dvr for them..
Similar issues .. Soon discovered the 'Scandisk' type 10 had been bought from eBay.. Run a check on it and not only was it not 32g the crafty buggers had put a compression app on it so everything loaded on the card was zipped up !!
Utterly useless for anything bar stills
Oh, and it was NOT a scandisk ( but no surprise there ! )

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
If you haven't already wiped it, you could copy the files from the card to the computer hard disk, and watch them from there. That would do two things: 1) It would confirm that it's the card transfer speed that's causing the viewing issue, and 2) You could still show folks the stunning beauty of the Highlands!!

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
many thanks for the quick replies, Halfords recommended the card (scandisk make) when wife bought the cam, it's brand new and unused so would expect it to be up to the job but as you say not always the case, will check it out tonight and see if I can rescue the footage by using a different card reader maybe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back