LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
For a welcome change, up front honesty, pass legislation so we can get richer.
My thoughts exactly Brian - I was wondering why the Caravan Club ever changed their name to include 'Motorhome' - what would they ever do for motorhome owners who have no wish to pay their exhorbitant prices when all some of us need is a patch of ground and nothing else.... ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
My thoughts exactly Brian - I was wondering why the Caravan Club ever changed their name to include 'Motorhome' - what would they ever do for motorhome owners who have no wish to pay their exhorbitant prices when all some of us need is a patch of ground and nothing else.... ?

Patch of ground,water,somewhere to dump grey and black waste,,all costs somebody else money,,BUSBY,,:D2:D2

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thing is there are now so many motorhomes/caravans/tents and not enough sites to accommodate them. Can imagine the fun if everyone tried to use sites on the same day.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Patch of ground,water,somewhere to dump grey and black waste,,all costs somebody else money,,BUSBY,,:D2:D2
Yes fine - but the two major clubs charge too much money. £23 per night on a C and CC site last weekend, even though we have paid an annual membership. I was sniggered at by the wardens and made to look stupid when I enquired as to the OAP discount (for him indoors you understand...;)) 'no discount at High season you silly woman' - they won't get our money - I'de rather give my business to the local pub or restaurant that wants your business and are happy to let you park up overnight.

We stayed on a local farm, with water, somewhere to dump grey and black waste and within walking distance of the pub (not in the middle of nowhere as the C and CC site was) and with a sea view for a tenner - the farmer's wife was gracious and very friendly, nothing like the wardens on the big site.

Each to their own - but the major clubs are too expensive, and as to the Caravan Club changing it's name to include Motorhomes - I think we'll all wait a long time before they do anything for motorhome owners!

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
eu law allows m,homes to park . but not camp.
the spanish were took the eu courts thats why the08/v-74 regs came about .
just park dont camp . its easy

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Thing is there are now so many motorhomes/caravans/tents and not enough sites to accommodate them. Can imagine the fun if everyone tried to use sites on the same day.

50 empty pitches at the moment on the site i am on,,30 motorhomes wild camping 2 miles away so thats not the reason here,,every one has a different idea of their leisure needs,,BUSBY.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
All I want is a patch of ground to park on at the edge of the road would you expect to pay wherever you park your car at the edge of the road? . As for water and waste dumping the French are years ahead of us again in having facilities available (often free) on motorways and cheap bournes.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We stayed on a Caravan club site last week in Edinburgh just short of £100 for 3 nights the pitches are so large to accommodate caravan plus awning and a car you could easily get 2 motorhomes on bet they don't offer that as an option!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We stayed on a Caravan club site last week in Edinburgh just short of £100 for 3 nights the pitches are so large to accommodate caravan plus awning and a car you could easily get 2 motorhomes on bet they don't offer that as an option!!
They do on the site that i am on at the moment,,couple of euros a night for a second van,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I cannot imagine Car Park operators even trying to get on-street parking banned - it would be laughed out of court:rolleyes::D

Geoff
You now pay to park on the street in many towns,,,BUSBY.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Do none of the people with the motorhomes parked up off camp sites ever spend a penny/cent/escudo with any of the other local businesses that aren't campsites?

(Just a question .....)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I have noticed that "Wild Camping" is quite an emotive issue on this site! :cautious:

We occasionally "wild camp" out in the Highlands of Scotland or some secluded quiet spot out of sight of any habitation in Spain or France but most of the time use sites or spacious aires

However is this picture, shown on the OP's attachment, really wild camping?? seems to me that the type of site/aire/parking lot shown has all the disadvantages attributed to camp sites - regimented in lines no view, overlooked by neighbours, overcrowding etc.etc.

page10_Caravans.jpg

Without any of the advantages - better security, separate pitch, room for table, chairs, awning etc, water, grey water disposal, chemical toilet dump point, toilets & showers, hookup if required etc.etc

All for the sake of saving a few Euros a night having spent anywhere between £30k to £130k on a MoHo.:confused:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back