Newest Newbie & Green As They Get!!! (1 Viewer)

Roama La Motorhoma

Free Member
Jun 8, 2012
King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone,

We just bought a 2004 Swift Carrera last week, 13,000 on the clock, 1 lady owner, really good condition and as it's been a dream of mine to have one for half my life I'm over the moon! Hubby not so excited (yet!!) as we are having one or 2 technical issues and the handbook doesn't seem to correspond all that well with the actual vehicle! I'm hoping some clever person can help me with these? Not sure if this section is the right one for that but if anyone knows how to get the loo to work for example PLEEEEEEASE tell me! LOL! We are hoping to do a day trip on Monday to get used to handling her and an on board loo was one of the big attractions! Also the water functioning generally is a complete mystery - well I did say I was green! Can't wait for proper weekends away though and all the extra dog and cat shows we'll now be able to attend as up till now most have been too far for us to exhibit at in one day.

Hope everyone is enjoying their motorhomes too, and thanks in advance if anyone can help us with our problems :Smile:

Roama

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Everyone,

We just bought a 2004 Swift Carrera last week, 13,000 on the clock, 1 lady owner, really good condition and as it's been a dream of mine to have one for half my life I'm over the moon! Hubby not so excited (yet!!) as we are having one or 2 technical issues and the handbook doesn't seem to correspond all that well with the actual vehicle! I'm hoping some clever person can help me with these? Not sure if this section is the right one for that but if anyone knows how to get the loo to work for example PLEEEEEEASE tell me! LOL! We are hoping to do a day trip on Monday to get used to handling her and an on board loo was one of the big attractions! Also the water functioning generally is a complete mystery - well I did say I was green! Can't wait for proper weekends away though and all the extra dog and cat shows we'll now be able to attend as up till now most have been too far for us to exhibit at in one day.

Hope everyone is enjoying their motorhomes too, and thanks in advance if anyone can help us with our problems :Smile:

Roama
Hello and welcome to the site, you have joined the right club for help and info here as probably the best info center going lol, any way need more details for what is wrong but sounds to me as though you need to switch the water pump on for water for the loo and general water to all the taps, should be a switch somewhere around and when you turn it on you should here a brrrrrrr sound as water pump starts up, also make sure you have water in tank as well (DON'T PUT WATER IN FUEL PIPE) PAY ATTENTION TO SIGNS ETC ON ALL INLETS, Try this and come back with more info if this does not work OK, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Everyone,

Roama

well good evening and welcome :flyingwelcome:

now it may help a big bit if we knew the problem

if you know what i mean

dont forget 5 posts after that its£10;00 for a whole years worth​
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Also as a full member you are invited to the Rutland water Rally,Meet on the 8th July to the 15th July 2012 in Leicestershire, where we will have over 100 other motorhomes and American RVs attending for a big meet, probably the best place you can meet other motorhomers and get ALL the help and information you will ever need to use your motorhome properly and efficiently for you. Give us a shout if you would like to come and will look forward to seeing you and giving all the help you need, just give us a shout OK, you can come for the day or 1 night or multiple night or the whole time its up to you OK no pressure, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
exciting times

Welcome to the forum.. exciting times ahead in working out how everything works... then to get to use it even better.

Wish you well with your new toy and hope to see more posts from you as you get in to it.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome
you need water in the tank (do make sure its the fresh water tank you put it in), then turn on the water pump and as stated you will hear it running (making a noise) open the cold taps to allow water to start to run through there will air in the system and it will splurt a bit at first, when running smoothly turn off and repeat with the hot taps, dont forget the taps in the shower unit as well. Most toilets are electric flush so there will be a button on the toilet unit top somewhere to flush, but to allow everything to drop through to the holding cassette there will be a leaver that you pull with your hand somewhere around the toilet bowl. your water heater will run off your battery so dont forget to turn it off when you dont need water, and you only need to run it through when you fill the tank after it has been empty and not in use for a while.

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If your Swift is anything like ours, then the order to do the taps after the water has been drained is quite imprtant to avoid air locks and the water spitting out everywhere, the bathroom basin tap and shower head are one and the same thing, so after you've filled up, you turn that tap on first. Once that's running freely without making coughing noises and belching, then turn the kitchen tap on. If you do it arse about face, you just seemk to get more air in the pipes and for longer.

Ditto the gas, if there's air in the pipes don't turn the firdge on before the gas is freely flowing at the cooker. Then turn the fridge on, the gas will already be nearly at the fridge so it will light quicker.

I still haven't really got the hang of the water heater yet. But at last, I can now turn the fire on myself ...... LOL :Doh:

And I'm not even blonde .....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi and welcome:Smile:

for a copy of your user handbook, which will answer your questions regarding the toilet and water system, download this pdf file
Link Removed

toilets are on page 80 onward, water system page 20

OP
OP
Roama La Motorhoma

Roama La Motorhoma

Free Member
Jun 8, 2012
King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Roama's Still Not A Roamin'!!

Hi again everyone! Thank you so much for your help replies it's so appreciated. I copied and pasted them onto a Word Doc. then printed it out and we took it out to the van followed the instructions and . . . . voila! Water came out of the basin in the bathroom when we turned on the tap, and just as we thought we'd cracked it and about to turn on the kitchen sink tap, we heard water pouring out of the bottom of the van onto the drive directly under the bathroom! :cry:We can't work out why this is although I suspect it's very simple, (as we are beginning to feel - LOL!), soooo, could someone enlighten us please?

Many thanks again,

Roama

P.S. By the way our handbook may as well be written about a jumbo jet frankly! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Everyone,

Roama

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back