Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I am new to this site, after checking out the forums on here for a while I decided to subscribe as there is invaluable info offered to novices like us.
We are well clued up touring with our Harley Davidson but are green as grass with the motorhome (we tow the Harley on the back) we bought the motorhome this year and have had a few weekends away in the uk.
We are planning a trip to south of France end of August (towing the Harley on the back, of course). I have been trying to plan a route from Calais, we toured France on the Harley a few years ago, we took the motorways all the way and feel we missed out on some of the sites and scenery. This time we would like to take in some nice stop overs on the way and if possible not drive on motorways all the way. Any advise on worthwhile stopovers from Calais would be appreciated, we have purchased caravan club camp sites for France book and will be purchasing Aires, France when I can find it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. The N roads are usually parallel to the motorways but pass through the lovely villages and scenery, there are as many different routes as there are Funster telling you about them. We have a number of funsters who live in France and will answer any questions. Heyuplov, Mel is a Yorke but don't hold that against him as he not only lives there but has an amazing collection of aires photos and info. yodeli (Frankie) is our very own FFFF. Work that one out, hee hee. She will be in the UK at a rally in August but otherwise available to answer any specific queries.
there are a few bikers on the forum and a few Harley men as well, there are also some boating types who would suggest the Harley would make a good boat anchor but we won't talk about them. Have fun.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Motorways are for the rich. I just costed Calais to Troyes, one day's journey and for a car it's about £80.

Your friend is Google Maps, tell it non motorway and you won't go far wrong.

You can spend a few Euros avoiding big cities.

viamichelin will give you toll fees for cars.

Have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome to MotorhomeFUN. Lots of interesting folk on here with loads of knowledge to help out :thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hello and welcome to the fun :flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol