LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
we will be arriving about 7pm Thursday will only be staying two nights hope to be able to get out by mid day saturday unless we get stuck. Rain is ment to stop now and be dry.

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We might be floating in if this blooming rain continues. :eek:
You're more likely to get blown away on Newbury Showground. It's on a very exposed slope.
We're local (about 25 miles down the M4), so will be there in the car as day visitors, on either Saturday or Sunday - whichever seems likely to be least wet.

I see mention of Funster badges - how do we get hold of those?

Julie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi
Our plans may not run to order as one of us ate something that did not agree, at all. We planned to arrive at mid-day Thursday, now please accept we do not know when we will arrive. Sorry if it messes up your sheet:shake:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are parked up the ground is soft but ok

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
M
You're more likely to get blown away on Newbury Showground. It's on a very exposed slope.
We're local (about 25 miles down the M4), so will be there in the car as day visitors, on either Saturday or Sunday - whichever seems likely to be least wet.

I see mention of Funster badges - how do we get hold of those?

Julie
More danger of sunburn today. Funster's chilaxing outside their vans on a glorious sunny day. Weather arrived as ordered :gum:

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Weather's looking good today ... except for the bit between 10am and 6pm :whistle:
Tomorrow it is then (y)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Very nice morning here

20170520_075120.jpg

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
It's too bright this morning - and my ears are still bleeding from that awful singing last night. Who found those dodgy Spanish bottles in the back of their grog locker and made us drink them?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Another thank you to all the marshals and to Jim, Sian and all who worked so hard to make this another memorable occasion.
Every rally introduces us to another group of new friends, we feel so lucky to be counted amongst the happy gang of Funsters.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I called up as a day visitor and enjoyed the lovely sunshine and purchased the two chairs we intended to buy. Spent late afternoon with Jock and Rita for tea and chat and then left them to enjoy their evening meal and we had to see Julia too and Ray forced us at gun point to have a Fish n chip supper in his inflatable igloo. That is when the rain came down so after calling in the Marquee to see old and young pals we went home a couple of hundred poorer.

Thanks everyone for making us feel so welcome, and special speshul fanks to @ROB1CHELSEA1 for helping me lug the furniture to the car, I owe you a couple of cold ones Rob.

Hope to see some of you in Hoylake next week, best wishes to the rest of you.

Griff

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Great weekend with friends old and new, big thankyou to Pam Brian Polly Dave & Jan & Bill who work so hard to get everyone organised, to Toledo Dave for entertaining everyone , the bacon butty crew and of course Sian & Jim for the organisation,
Sue & Eric (y)(y)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks all for another great weekend at Newbury meeting friends old and new. Well done Jock with your singing and Ray with the Gazebo puzzle for entertaining us. The only downer was the bingo money disappearing across the Severn Bridge, or was it used to buy the Gazebo? Thanks to the marshalls for their work and Dave for the Kareoke on the evenings.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
As with others :mnythnks: from Rita and I to all involved, for making our first Newbury Show Meet, a really enjoyable one. :)

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Stratford. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Have to agree with all the above comments. Can't fault Funsters for fun, no matter what weather they throw at us. See you all soon.
Safe travels.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Thank you Jim, Sian and marshals for a great weekend I met lots of new people, ( you know who you are) I laughed till I cried, nearly got a new van but guess I love my oldie better.
I was initiated to Weatherspoons, and played Bingo which I'd not done before, and the coach ride was the first in decades. Sue

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
A big thank you to the marshalls for all their hard work getting us parked up and also for helping to cook the delicious bacon rolls. Very much enjoyed meeting up with friends old and new. Jock, thank you for your singing, very enjoyable. Nice to see Jim and family especially Katie.
Look forward to seeing many of you again at Stratford.

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Well, I briefly met a handful of you (although I don't know who!) at the MHF pitch on Sunday, and we had a quick chat with Jim at the stand on our way down to lunch, so I can now put at least one face to a name ;). And we now have a sticker!

Julie

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lots of obstacles were put in our way for Newbury.

First after arriving on the Tuesday, the plan being to set up nice and early, Katie took a turn for the worse and Siân had to make a dash for the hospital for a Plasma exchange. They decided to give her three on the trot so I was stuck at Newbury with no car, just a large RV and two trailers until they got back to Newbury on Friday afternoon.

I set up the refreshment marquee on my own, the horrendous weather made this tent erecting quite emotional :) My other daughter (the cavalry) arrived on the Thursday night to help on the stand on Friday. Siân and Katie were due in around 2pm.

A call from Siân at 1pm, A turbo hose had split and she was being recovered to Newbury. It was 9pm while I was calling bingo that they arrived! A whole weekend of trying and failing to source the hose meant that the Landrover and 3.5t trailer would have to be recovered home. (Siân thought this was a bonus as it meant she could have a glass of wine in the sun as the show closed) We finally got home exhausted at 4am.

They recovered my beloved Landrover from my home, 3 hours later, and I still don't have it back.:mad: But.....

...It was worth it.... A great well drained pitch (Thank you Warners) what a great little rally, lots of people giving their time to make it a success, marshalling, helping out in the tea tent, handing out flyers, cooking breakfast, singing, selling bingo tickets etc etc. We had two great nights in the marquee, our tea tent was full of chatting funsters making new friends all weekend and we raised some money for charity. Just short of £20 on the Bingo ticket sales, £28 in Funster keyring sales coupled with £45 in cash donations from Funsters. We've rounded that £93 up to £150 and you can see the donation here.

In all a great weekend, thank you all. (y)

donation.png

Attachments

• donation2.png
    donation2.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 6

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
A great time was had by myself as I met some lovely funsters , so thank you Jim and the team for continuing through your problems to make this rally so good ,Roy

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
A great time was had by myself as I met some lovely funsters , so thank you Jim and the team for continuing through your problems to make this rally so good ,Roy
Thanks Roy for introducing the other female solos. Made more friends through this fabulous group!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back