Newbies with a van and a plan... (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hello everyone,

Have made my way up the 'camping tree' and reached the Motorhome branch. On that climb\journey, we done tents, caravan, statics and not in that order. But we have reached what we hope to be the most enjoyable period of our camping escapades

Kids have grown up, and only one left at home(i am working on her) So drop everything and drive off into the sunset...well thats the idea.

So with that idea, I took the plunge, and bought a Motorhome. Didn't necessarily do massive amount of research, but didnt want to splash too much cash, incase the novelty wore off too quickly. Found a tidy looking van in the area - Fiat Ducato Autoquest 400. 46k on the clock, 1990 2 litre petrol model. Only 2 prev. owners and was well looked after.

Was worried about the mpg. But the diesels of that period didnt seem to offer a great improvement in mpg. Now I have the van, I am pleasantly surprised at the fuel economy. With a bit of care, I get 20 - 25 mpg.

So there I it is, looking forward to some fine weather and lots of driving into the sunset...with a pub at the end, of course

Dave and Sylvia

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi dave and sylvia and welcome to the fun.

hope you can get to one or two of our meets and rallies.....you wont regret it.
nothings organized except the venue and dates...do as you please....no silly games/lectures/outings.
chill in your van, meet for a coffee or a beer....your choice.
check out the calender. Link Removed

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave and Sylvia,

Looks like you have some exciting times ahead. You will find that the learning curve from caravans to motorhomes is not too steep at all so you will quickly adapt.

Any questions just shout, there are a knowledgeable and friendly bunch of enthusiasts here. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Dave & Sylvia Welcome :thumb::thumb:

Hope you enjoy your new lifestyle. It's not a lot different to caravanning so you should soon get the hang of it,as Jim say's. You have the right idea looking for the pub at sundown.

Dave:beerchug:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Welcome