Newbies to all of this!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leltel, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Leltel

Leltel Funster

Ok, some how I must have pressed delete after typing a page of introduction, so starting again!
    We are new to motorhoming, but not to camping. Not yet made our first investment, but it is between an Elddis Sunseeker 400RL and a Compass Avantgarde 300. Both have low mileage and being swayed towards the Compass due to rear seat belts (for the dog):Smile:
    Any direction as to where we could find reviews on either of these or if you own one and could help us would be of great benefit.
    It is just my husband, the dog and I, with potentially our daughter and her fiance coming along at times.
    We are looking to finish work on a Friday and get up and go for the weekend and use our hols to stop for a couple of days at a time at different places, without having to pitch up for a week or two!
    Things that we would like to get put on either are a solar panel and TV and the Compass needs a habitation door fly screen fitted too.
    Another quandry is where to store it, on the drive (it might just fit!) or in 24 access storage?? :Eeek: If any of you can give us guidance, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Lel

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi Leltel!!

Everybody seems to be sleeping this morning :BigGrin: Wouldn't like you to think you're ignored!
    Can't give you any advice as i don't owe a motorhome(.....yet!) but i'm sure as soon as they will have had their breakfast they will show up and answer your questions!:thumb:

Meanwhile , welcome to the FUN :BigGrin::Wink:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

3. Rainbowchaser

Rainbowchaser Read Only Funster

Yes, welcome to the nuthouse!
    I'm sure you'll find the info you seek on here.

You've just missed it, but Lidl do a really good flyscreen kit.
    I'm sure they will have them again.
    Happy trails

Tony
    :thumb:

4. Leltel

Leltel Funster

I always miss out on the bargains! I don't blame most people to be enjoying a lay in, we've had a week off and I'm just teying to get up with the alarm, ready for going back to work tomorrow! Have to agree it seems like a fun site and hope that we get some help soon ( some might say I'm beyond help though!!):Rofl1:

5. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Hi Lel & welcome to funsters just changed my insurance to saga & they reduced my insurance for secure storage by £20 worth checking out happy travels Rod:thumb:

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi flyingwelcome

Can't help with vans, but I would sooner have van on drive at home, easier to pack and to do any jobs required.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

7. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hello and welcome to fun xxxxxxxxxxxx

8. Leltel

Leltel Funster

Few more years till we can check with Saga for insurance, all though our daughter keeps telling us that we are supposed to wait until we are retired before thinking about a motor home!!!:BigGrin:

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Tell your daughter she should be thinking about one, hee hee Welcome to the forum, Iwould personally prefer it on the drive, easy to put on hookup so Fridges is really cold and stocked befor the off and it becomes a spare room as well. solar a great idea but don't forget to add extra batteries to make full use of it. 80 -120W ideal

10. Leltel

Leltel Funster

The drive is our preference, not quite sure what our neighbours would say mind......then again, I know exactly what they would say!! Never thought about additional batteries to make the most of a solar panel, as for the spare room idea, I will make sure our daughter doesn't see that, her and her fiance might get ideas about free rent!!

11. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

:welcomefunster:Welcome to Fun!

We have our MH in storage as have no parking at our house - however if we could have it outside we would as it makes things much more convenient.

We have two dogs and they travel quite happily in the MH clipped to their harnesses between the two front seats. When we clipped them to the seatbelts in the dinette in our previous MH they were not very happy as they liked to be upfront with us! I sat back there with them on several occasions and noticed that it was much warmer than the cab - not good for dogs in hot weather - plus it was much noisier than sitting in the cab.

Kath & Howie

12. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Know probably a joke on daughters part, but during my working life going round offices repairing machinery people used to say we will get a motorhome when we retire, when they found I had one, always used to say why wait, it was a shame so many for one reason or another never made their dream come true.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

13. Leltel

Leltel Funster

Our sentiments exactly, we want to enjoy life while we still can, not reach retirement and think 'i can't afford to do it now, we should have done it when we thought about it'