Newbies need a camper stop near Seville and Cordoba (1 Viewer)

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Hi
As newbies to this forum, and motorhomes we are off to Spain for May.
So far booked a few sites through the usual channels, but have a 10 day gap where we want to visit Seville and Cordoba.
So far have found the municipal site in Cordoba but nothing much around Seville.
So my question is, would any of you recommend a Book containing the Aires and Camp stops in Spain, or do you know of a fantastic site we could use ? If possible we want to walk, or cycle into the centre.
Have seen a couple of books so far, bit confused over the choice.
any advice, comments and travel advice most welcome.
regards
LC

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
For Seville try this one:
There is an aire in Seville which is by the river and walking distance from the city centre. This is a designated area in a fenced and guarded compound where new cars are stored. Water, grey water and cassette emptying. Free wifi. I can't remember the cost but I think it was 12euros.
Sevilla 41011
Area de Autocaravanas de Sevilla
Avenida Garcia de Morato
N 37.36306 W -5.99462 C

Hope that helps

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We used the Cordoba municipal site last autumn and it does the job. Unless you're avid walkers you'll probably want to catch the bus to the town centre. If so, use the service that stops closest to the campsite (across the road). There's a second service that picks up a bit further down the road but its stops are confusing.

For Seville we used Camping Villsom in the suburb of Dos Hermanas, which others on here have recommended. There's a regular bus service to the city centre that picks up about 10 minutes' walk from the campsite gate and drops off just behind the site. The area is built up and beside a major road, and the campsite has a wall around it so don't expect calm rural vistas if you go there, but it is handy. Don't trust SatNav directions for this one - our TomTom got it completely wrong. Its actual location is 37.277290, -5.936973 (Ctra. Isla Menor)

There's a basic aire in Seville beside the river but I don't think there's much shade and it can get bloody hot down there. The city is very well served with bike tracks and lanes if you like your cycling, and there's bike hire available.

You may find you've seen everything of interest in Cordoba in a day or two. We took in most of the historic highlights in a single day. For Seville allow longer - it used to be Spain's capital so it has more to offer. I'd suggest 3 days minimum for sightseeing.

I don't know if Granada's on your itinerary but don't expect too much of the city - once you've seen the Alhambara (book tickets well in advance) and trudged up through the Albaiyzin it's basically a modern shopping centre. We were there four days and it was too long for us. While you're down that way Ronda is worth a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
There's an aire on the outskirts of Seville at the marina. Basically park up on the breakwater, room for about 10 vans. You need to press the buzzer to get access. Bus stop on the main road 15mins direct to centre. Couple of bars, restaurants but it's in the suburbs so nothing posh.
Get the "All the Aires Spain and Portugal" from Vicarious. We use it all the time.

OP
OP
Lindacarole

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Well great posts thank you so much, its difficult to decide how long you need at each stop.
Very sound advice.
LC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back