Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
We are new to motorhomes but have camped and/or had a caravan for around 40 years. We have a motorhome on order from Kimberley's in Darlington, it's a Bailey Autograph Approach 745 and we expect delivery early March. The layout is almost identical to the Unicorn Valencia caravan we had which really suited us and is one of the reasons for our choice of motorhome. We can't wait for it to arrive.
I have been following the website for a few weeks now and it seems to be very friendly with lots of experienced people willing to share their knowledge.
We are thinking of some extras we may want to get fitted and wondered what you all thought. It comes pre wired for a rear camera but we are not sure what type to get, single, twin or tilt, or what make to go for. We are also thinking of an alarm and tracker, your input would be appreciated.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Alarm and tracker are musts. I wouldn't want to be without the rear camera and have the tilt which I like.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, if it was me I would get a twin reversing camera, we have a single view camera and it's a pain. As said Alarm and Tracker are a must. Eddie vanbits, a member on here will give a discount, I know it's a long way from you but it would be a good outing and test of your new van. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi and welcome to MH Fun.

Good luck with your new motorhome.

I totally agree with Puddleduck. For me tracker is a must. Even if your insurers don't insist on it (as mine do) it will possibly get you a discount on your premium. And what price peace of mind?

Stef.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello you two. Looking forward to your input.... You will also get much help on here too.

My alarm is a Van Bitz.. The good thing is that even though I didn't own the van when it was fitted Eddie Van Bitz is so very, very helpful when I have questions about it.

Welcome. :)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi and welcome from south shields.
the extras you are considering all sound good and there will be lots of advice for you to consider from folk.
your ins company may insist on a tracker , but that's the one I would give most thought to depending on your available budget. they will be pricy from an approved company , and I can think of a lot of ways to make the van less nickable in the first place with that sort of money. just a thought but you may have no choice'
enjoy it when it arrives
ta andy

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
Thank you for the warm welcome and the good advice. We will definitely be getting a tracker and alarm as well as a camera. We will be looking further into the strike back as it sounds very good.

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi makems, we were thinking of attending but hubby may have to work on the Friday but we might be able to come up Friday night. We will find out next week.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :hi: We've got an Autograph 745 and love it. We had a single reversing camera fitted as we reverse the MH up to a wall, and a Fiamma roll out blind. No Tracker or alarm & our insurance didn't require it, probably due to postcode

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we can't wait for delivery! Pleased to hear you're so happy with yours.
We looked at insuring through Comfort and although they don't require an alarm and tracker the premium reduces if we fit them.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi from Shields. We have a twin camera fitted, find it does the job very well.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
:welc:hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back