Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
Hi all,
We are Tony and Sue from Lincolnshire, very new to this and as yet do not own a motorhome but have been looking for one now for over a year - 'what a minefield'!

I am retiring age but Sue is quite a bit younger and the keen one.
We have been looking for a 4 berth as grand kids might come with us, and have finally realised that getting a 53 plate with under 20000 miles might be the best option - probably a Bessacarr.

Any advise would be grateful, and what to look for in one of that age i.e chassis corrosion etc.

Thanks Tony

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tony and Sue,

Why Bessacar? They make great motorhomes but don't restrict yourself to a particular brand. You should choose your van on layout rather than make. In fact the "brand" should be one of the last things you consider. Choosing a motorhome on any criteria other than the layout and the chances are you will be changing it soon.

By "layout" I mean the living arrangements and storage. If you get this wrong it won't matter what make it, you will regret it, so will your wallet. Get the layout right, then look for that layout in the best quality build you can afford.

You're right, it can be a minefield, but not if you are well armed. i recommend you arm yoursellf Link Removedthe bloke that wrote that knows his stuff, he's good looking too::bigsmile:

Best of luck and welcome to the Fun :thumb:

OP
OP
U

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
Thanks Jim, we have considered the layout and want a layout with over cab double bed, with two single, one on each side, with the option of a double, and rear washroom, dual heating and hot water, one elec hot plate.

There are a lot of other things to consider, but we would have to look at at what was available on any homes available in our price range.

Will take your advice Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hello and :welcomefunster:
We are now looking for our second mh and agree with what you've said....it can be a minefield. But as Jim has said, our first priority is to get the layout right, we've had our first van for two and a half years now and we want to change it before too long.
You will probably have a "wish list" but I am sure with careful consideration you will get there in the end........there will be one out there with your name on it:thumb:
Happy hunting::bigsmile:
Margaret & Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back