Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Elnagh Marlin
Exp
We are new!
Hi all, we've just purchased our first MH after camping and trailer tenting for several years. It's always been the dream to 'upgrade' and we were lucky enough to have been presented with a great opportunity via a family connection in France that we just couldn't say no to!

We've got a 2005 Elnagh Marlin which was originally UK registered, then exported to France and we are just waiting on the registration back from DVLA now to re-register here. Bit of a faff but it was well worth it.

Had a chap out this weekend to do a hab check and all good although he found a tiny soft spot (1 inch square) in the back locker on the corner. The area in question is totally bone dry now. The hab check chap said keep an eye on it but it might have been re-sealed or somehow sorted years ago. My main question is that as it is coming up to its tenth birthday is that around the time you'd normally re seal a motor home all the way around?

Don't mean to sound negative with my introductory post as we absolute love her and are very fortunate to have been able to get it. It's been well looked after and is in great nick all round. We had a full service and did a cambelt change in France before 'bringing her home' but it's only on 17000 miles now.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :welc:

Can't help you with the re-sealing question but you may be better asking on the motorhome chat forum. I'm sure someone will be able to help

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from East Sussex and :welc:
I think I would leave well alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Keep an eye on it all round and fix when necessary.
A fear pictures of your new van would be nice (y)(y)
Enjoy this way of life.
John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I think if you've had it all checked and the tiny spit that was damp is now dry, I'd leave it alone and just enjoy your motorhome.
Welcome to Fun from a different part of Devon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi also in Devon
If it ain't broke....