Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm new at this!
Hello! We purchased our first campervan on Friday - a Hymer S550 and we are really looking forward to our first trip but don't really know where to start. Any recommendations in the Sussex area? We were thinking Pagham, New Forest etc but would welcome any suggestions. Also, can anyone recommend wild camping spots in Sussex? Keen to try an overnight in one of those if possible. Thanks! :Smile:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys:thumb: wild camping is anywhere you fancy that is legal so go find yourself one:winky: plenty of nice camp sites around the south coast but could do with a bit more info on what you like before recommending one, for instance we have no children in tow (getting on a bit now) so prefer small quiet sites:winky: a good web site is THIS one, with plenty of reviews on the hugh range of sites:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We couldn't get onto a site at Bognor Regis a while ago and just parked up for the night in the car park of Halfords/KFC/Lidl just opposite. Nobody bothered us. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

sealski

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
Welcome.

We are not far way from you in Burgess Hill, when we are at home.
We are currently in Troyes and will be returning to the UK tomorrow.

Not tried wild camping yet (unless you count the one night stop at Citi Europe on the way down France), but apart from the Caravan Club Sites in Bognor Regis & Littlehampton, there is some nice sites around Henfield to Horsham. Blacklands Farm, Uplands Farm (Adults only) and Sumners Ponds to name a few.

Keep us updated with your travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The wife reccomends teh one down at Littlehampton, a small one near to a chippy but I cant elaborate more than that I m afraid.

But whilst youre here !!!! ............. Whats the best way of going to Brighton. There is a site at Lewes and I was thinking of catching the train in as the parking is beyond ridiculous. I parked about a mile and a hlaf out of town for nearly a pound an hour. She only wanted fish and chips by the pier !

Any advice gratefully received and welcome

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome.

OP
OP
B

brightonmermaid

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm new at this!
hello Suavecarve

I'd recommend getting the train. They run frequently, it's a lovely route and it's a short walk from Brighton Station down Queen's road to the Pier. Have a good time!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We are also not far from you in Burgess Hill.
Sea Lane at Ferring/Goring is a popular stop for Motorhomes
If you join Britstops there are a couple of sites nearby (Uckfield and Ferring) and a good number in the New Forest.
Also some nice CS's in the Camping and Caravanning Club (Hailsham, Chiddingly, Crowborough, Lewes), and CL's in the Caravan Club (Hailsham).
Have FUN

OP
OP
B

brightonmermaid

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm new at this!
Storage in Sussex?

Hello! Does anyone know of a reasonable place to store a Hymer S550 motorhome in Sussex? The quotes I'm getting are around £400pa and I'm hoping to find something less expensive! Thanks. :RollEyes:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
try the top of the hill on the road

Hello! We purchased our first campervan on Friday - a Hymer S550 and we are really looking forward to our first trip but don't really know where to start. Any recommendations in the Sussex area? We were thinking Pagham, New Forest etc but would welcome any suggestions. Also, can anyone recommend wild camping spots in Sussex? Keen to try an overnight in one of those if possible. Thanks! :Smile:

Try the top of the hill in the car park..the road from Newhaven to Alfredstone... just before you go over the top from the Newhaven direction on the right.. fantastic views.

Bob

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hello! Does anyone know of a reasonable place to store a Hymer S550 motorhome in Sussex? The quotes I'm getting are around £400pa and I'm hoping to find something less expensive! Thanks. :RollEyes:

Sorry to say thats quite cheap actually for down south. Then next problem is do the sites actually have any spaces available, as most get filled very quickly, especially the good ones

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008

There is a yard at the end of our road (if you google "gatwick storage burgess hill"
A few Motorhomes stored there - dont know prices though.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
There is a yard at the end of our road (if you google "gatwick storage burgess hill"
A few Motorhomes stored there - dont know prices though.

I looked at one a few years ago in Crawley - it was £750 a year then.........:Eeek:

For a good wild spot near Brighton, go up Mill Hill north of Shoreham and look out over Lancing College and Shoreham airfield.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back