newbies after some advice !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by beanie23, May 20, 2014.

1. beanie23

beanie23 Read Only Funster

bonjour fellow motorhomers !

my wife and i have finally done what we've wanted to do for years and bought ourselves a motorhome. It's a 1991 Peugeot Adria 2.5 LTR turbo diesel. It drives fantastically well, is in very good condition inside and out and all in all we're very happy with it.

We just have a few very basic questions and i apologize if these have been asked and answered a million times but if someone could take a minute to answer them for us we'd be very grateful !

So between the bits of information we got from the seller and what we've managed to figure out our selves we have everything on and working when we're plugged in to mains and we've got the three way fridge figured out. What we need to know is how the heating and hot water work when we're not connected to mains.

I know the leisure batteries are pretty much just for the lights and water pump so i'm assuming it must be run from the gas ?

So question 1. Can someone confirm if this is the case that they run from the gas ?
    and question 2. Can you then explain how i go about doing this please !

Thank-you in advance for you time.

regards

2 motorhome virgins ! :thumb:

2. 2bob

2bob Funster

yes it runs on gas
    the fire if its is a truma its like how you light your fire at home

wait for gas to come through and hold down and then press button down

3. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

If you tell us the make and model of the heater someone will be able to help. Our space heater is diesel.