Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Micro motorhome
Exp
Six months
Hi, I'm Barry and have just joined the fun. I joined the motorhome world last June when I got a Romahome R20, so I consider myself very much a beginner. I've had 5 short breaks so far and enjoy the freedom. I fancy North Scotland in 2014 and even ( gulp) a ferry to the Islands, with loads of places I fancy before then. Being retired I can pick my times. Looking forward to it. Pleased to say I generally find the "community" friendly and helpful

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun Barry

:welcome:

Mel & Lieve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello Barry. :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: Keep posting and let us know about your travels. We are hoping to get to Scotland this year. Pamela

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Hi Barry I did the trip to Scotland in 2012, the scenery is amazing and I took a ferry to Arran where I stayed on a small campsite next to a golf course with wild deer roaming on the site, also next to a whisky distillery http://www.arranwhisky.com/content/arran-distillery but there were loads of people simply wild camping on some really excellent spots. If you go in summer watch out for the midges they are a real nuisance take some jungle formula or similar.
If get the time and you have do some time, research on the areas you intend to go, I did not and found that I had missed some event, festival, highland games in pretty much every place we went to by a day or a week.
Good luck

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hello Barry, not been here long myself, but it's a lovely place to spend some time and read thro stuff. Welcome :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back