Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kaz1962, Nov 19, 2013.

1. kaz1962

kaz1962 Read Only Funster

Hi Folks

My Partner and I are now in a position to put into practice what we've talked about. Our kids are up and flown the nest so it's now our time for the open road and freedom. We want to cross the waters and head for the heat. Any advice, tips and pitfalls to be aware of would be greatly appreciated!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

welcome aboard ! any questions ask away . regards garry

3. kaz1962

Thanks

Thanks Garry

As I said we are newbies so really at the ground entry with very little knowledge. All that we do know is that taking off to warmer climates at our own pace sounds magic. We have looked a various motorhomes online and don't doubt that when the right one appears we will go for it. We would love to be able to start our adventure come the early summer. Scary and exciting all rolled into one.

Kaz

4. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Welcome to FUN, you will soon find that this is the best site for any and all questions you may have and well worth the annual £10.00 subscription. :thumb:

5. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

your welcome kaz. its a great [and sometimes] daunting time when first starting out in the motorhome world but rest assured we have all BEEN THERE and know what it feels like. beware of advertised vans for sale that seem [too good to be true]they are usually scams ! my own personal view, is that choosing a internal layout that will suit your own personal requirements is more important than having the latest model, but in the end it is all a matter of choice and budget ! GOOD LUCK garry

6. Phill D

Phill D

hi and welcome:thumb:

7. Ali n Tim

Ali n Tim Funster

:welcomefunster:

8. superk

superk Read Only Funster

It's going to be exciting :BigGrin:

Getting the right motorhome for you and what you want to do - no easy task so look around - buying Jim's guide would be a good first step:

Motrohome Buyers Guide

Keith

9. kaz1962

Thanks for the tip Keith. I have went ahead and bought the book. It's better to do as much homework as possible, hence coming on here and seeking good advise from people that have been and done it already. Kaz

10. poki

poki Funster

:welcome:

11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Have you a idea what type of van you want, are you sporty and just want a base, or do you want some comfort where you can relax if the weather is not to good, do you want to carry a barbie, chairs and table for sitting outside so much choose from keep asking the questions.:welcomefunster:

12. snailtrailer

snailtrailer Funster

I use the 'search' button quite a lot. You can pick up quite a few old threads that cover many subjects. Tremendous range.

:welcome:

13. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

hi and welcome to the fun most people head for the sun early winter, gets a bit hot in the summer enjoy, do check out the rallies calendar and chatroom

14. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

You'll be amazed at how much you will learn in a short space of time thanks to this forum. A year ago we had just bought our first motorhome and we knew nothing!! I didn't understand what worked on 12v or EHU and why I couldn't just plug my hairdryer in anytime! I didn't even realise the toilet swivelled and had to pee with the door open the first night we slept in it as there wasn't enough room for my legs :Doh: I laugh now when I think how green we were :BigGrin: Even though we love our layout we have now got it up for sale as we need a slightly different set up for longterm travelling next year with a fixed bed and bigger garage. You are in for a fun time, enjoy the learning curve :thumb: