Nov 19, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Folks

My Partner and I are now in a position to put into practice what we've talked about. Our kids are up and flown the nest so it's now our time for the open road and freedom. We want to cross the waters and head for the heat. Any advice, tips and pitfalls to be aware of would be greatly appreciated!!

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
welcome aboard ! any questions ask away . regards garry

OP
OP
K

kaz1962

Free Member
Nov 19, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks

Thanks Garry

As I said we are newbies so really at the ground entry with very little knowledge. All that we do know is that taking off to warmer climates at our own pace sounds magic. We have looked a various motorhomes online and don't doubt that when the right one appears we will go for it. We would love to be able to start our adventure come the early summer. Scary and exciting all rolled into one.

Kaz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Welcome to FUN, you will soon find that this is the best site for any and all questions you may have and well worth the annual ÂŁ10.00 subscription. :thumb:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
your welcome kaz. its a great [and sometimes] daunting time when first starting out in the motorhome world but rest assured we have all BEEN THERE and know what it feels like. beware of advertised vans for sale that seem [too good to be true]they are usually scams ! my own personal view, is that choosing a internal layout that will suit your own personal requirements is more important than having the latest model, but in the end it is all a matter of choice and budget ! GOOD LUCK garry

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
It's going to be exciting ::bigsmile:

Getting the right motorhome for you and what you want to do - no easy task so look around - buying Jim's guide would be a good first step:

Broken Link Removed

Keith

OP
OP
K

kaz1962

Free Member
Nov 19, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the tip Keith. I have went ahead and bought the book. It's better to do as much homework as possible, hence coming on here and seeking good advise from people that have been and done it already. Kaz

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have you a idea what type of van you want, are you sporty and just want a base, or do you want some comfort where you can relax if the weather is not to good, do you want to carry a barbie, chairs and table for sitting outside so much choose from keep asking the questions.:welcomefunster:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I use the 'search' button quite a lot. You can pick up quite a few old threads that cover many subjects. Tremendous range.

:welcome:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun most people head for the sun early winter, gets a bit hot in the summer enjoy, do check out the rallies calendar and chatroom

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
You'll be amazed at how much you will learn in a short space of time thanks to this forum. A year ago we had just bought our first motorhome and we knew nothing!! I didn't understand what worked on 12v or EHU and why I couldn't just plug my hairdryer in anytime! I didn't even realise the toilet swivelled and had to pee with the door open the first night we slept in it as there wasn't enough room for my legs :Doh: I laugh now when I think how green we were ::bigsmile: Even though we love our layout we have now got it up for sale as we need a slightly different set up for longterm travelling next year with a fixed bed and bigger garage. You are in for a fun time, enjoy the learning curve :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back