heps

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
someset
Funster No
MH
fiat trango
Exp
Hi First I would like to say hi to everyone :Smile: I have just got myself a Fiat Trango 2 birth and love it i want to get the best out of it and use it as much as I can summer and winter now i am used to roughing it as I spent 14 yrs as a Royal Marine but now its time for some comfort in the field ha ! I surf a lot and will use the fiat for this but my questions are

1. When I make the bed up how can I stop the cushions moving and having gaps appere and is a topper a good idea
  2. I want to go off touring at weekends and holidays is it worth me joing the caravan club
  3. whats the best way to get tips on how to kit out the camper go to rallies etc ?
  4. I would like a tv to watch from time to time will an indoor arieal work or is it better to get a roof mounted one
  5. Does anyone else here surf I gen go to north devon
Cheers for now heps ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

1 are you sure the cushions are the right way when making bed up try a few different ways.

2 If you want to use the small cl sites then yes its worth it (a cl is a small 5 van site normally a farm)

3 Best way to get tips is join here so youv'e done that one :ROFLMAO: as for rallies have a look at the calendar at top of the page there are rallies and meets in there.

4 I think it will depend on where you are but outside would work better could always attach one to a pole and attach to van when parked up.

5 I surt the tinternet if thats what you mean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome to the FUN :Smile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun. Joining another club is a matter of choice, a lot do in order to use the small 5 van cl's like mine and many others don't. Fun has a pretty full calendar of shows and rallies throughout the country all year round. Regarding the TV antenna easiest way is to try an indoor one. I use a high gain antenna resting on my dashboard, but then mine is a Glass fibre body. It is normally used only in the winter or during high winds when I have to retract the sat dish. A topper is great but do you have space to store it during the day?
A number of members Surf using Woolacombes' world class surfing beach (just down the road from me). We are lucky to have facilities in for the sport in the south west. As to fitting out your camper, I do have extensive workshop facilities and if I can help members then I do as long as you supply materials its free.

OP
OP
H

heps

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
someset
Funster No
MH
fiat trango
Exp
Thanks

Hi all who have replied and thanks for the advice

cheers heps::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. If you are a lone traveller the Camping and Caravanning club may be best as they charge per person..... look forward to meeting you some day.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:welcome: theres good surfing all down the West Countrys north coast From Minehead to Sennen, 6 ft Barrels and an off shore wind:thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
A topper is a great piece of kit, it really does get rid of the gaps in a made up bed.
We bought two Raskalf Duvalay's (single memory foam bases with a combined duvet) when we had our caravan ( we used them on the made up double bed) and now use them on the motorhome French fixed double bed.

One word of warning though, they are bulky, as are toppers. we found that we could get two Duvalay's under one of the caravans side settees, but it was a push.

If you have a double topper and no fixed bed, you will need to think about where you will store it.

We are members of the Caravan Club and the Crarvan and Camping Club and have used both their big sites and their CL/CC sites.

We used ASCI sites and Camping Cheque sites when we went to France in summer with the caravan.

I have even used a private commercial campsite to try the new motorhome for the first time.

In many ways each has their own advantages, but in the end there is no best type of site, any site that will get you away with the van is good!!!!!

Good luck and or best wishes

cheers

bob

Bill123

Free Member
Jul 7, 2011
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Lancashire
Exp
New to it all!
We bought a mattress protector, rather than a mattress topper, from Tesco (a double was about £9 I think). This has a quilted top, and is thick enough to smooth out the lumpy bits between the cushions, but still folds up fairly small. This has made a world of difference in having a good nights sleep, plus I don't get carpet burns on my elbows from the upholstery any more - I have sensitive elbows!!

Hope this helps.

Mrs Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back