Newbie (1 Viewer)

Oolagha

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Funster No
Hi

I am about to collect my first RV - very excited about it!! I have had caravans before - but have decided since my husband died that I dont want the hassle of a caravan - so I have purchased an American RV - which has always been my dream.

So I am going to probably ask stupid questions ......... and as I dont do technical please dont bombard me with technical answers !!

I am looking forward to getting to know lots of new friends ...... and cant wait to collect my RV on Thursday !!

Margaret

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi and welcome to the world of motorhoming and rving, cant say i envy you driving an RV but good on you for doing it, I have enough problems just sat in suicide seat :ROFLMAO:

Sheila

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Welcome - and I hope you will get years of fun from the RV.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Hi, and welcome. l have just bought my first RV. A 32ft Winnebago, and love it to bits. A few hours or less behind the wheel, and you will be ok. Its just a matter of getting used to it. l have held a class one hgv for 39 years, and it still took me a little while to get the hang of it. Persevere and you will love it. The sheer comfort and space is fabulous. No need to make up beds every night, a supremely comfortable king size bed, (walk around) is to hand. All the comforts of home with you all the time. Enjoy, and happy RVing.

Craig

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Margaret, glad to see you finally managed to get registered. Welcome to the fun::bigsmile::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the site, don't wish to rain on your parade, but why did you decide to go for such a large gas guzzling monster if you are on your own. surely a smaller van would have been more suitable. That said you bought it so enjoy it, no reason why the size should bother you so don't worry about that. Get out and enjoy it. Don't dorget we have a chatroom pop in and say hi.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi Margaret and welcome to the fun, we are just in the process of changing from a euro MH to an RV can't wait.

Have fun:thumb:

Gary and Cathy

OP
OP
O

Oolagha

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Funster No
Thank you everyone for your welcome - I am picking up a Fleetwood Southwind - 32ft !! A bit nervous about a left hand drive, but having lived in the US for 10 yrs I have driven a left hand drive - but never on the right hand side of the road. It is automatic, same as my 4 W/D vehicle, so thats not a problem and I hope I dont have any problems getting used to it size wise!!

My caravan was 27' and my car another 7' so its actually smaller than the rig I am used to towing. Just doesnt bend in the middle !!

I have always wanted one - and I decided that now is the time - and yes it is going to be comfortable, far too big really for just me and my three dogs, but I am used the luxury of a fixed bed etc etc so couldnt have even consider an English of European RV. After all if I am going to do it - do it in style !!

Margaret

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to Fun I am sure your RV will give you all the freedom and comfort you are looking for enjoy. :welcomefunster:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:welcomefunster: and many happy journeys in your newly acquired RV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back