Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi,

I have just joined the site but have not yet purchased MH, we have had caravans for last 30+ years and like the idea of a MH, we have seen one that we like but the loss on our caravan (2yrs old) is hard to take, and if we decide after 1 or 2 years that we dont like MHs we will loose even more, so I hope to pick up information from all you knowledgeable folk and make the decision a easier.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome..... you will be surprised what you pick up....... laughter is contageous.:Smile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi and Welcome.

If its any help we crossed from tugging years ago and have never regretted it for a moment.

A lot depends on what you do, we are on the move never staying on a site more than a night in most cases, so it suits us fine.

Best of luck

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Hello & welcome:Smile:
we changed from many years of tugging to the motorhome about a year ago, it is quite different but a lot easier both for travelling & setting up think it depends on what type of holiday you want. Hope you find the answer!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, I would guess that 60% or more were tuggers in a past life and not many would go back I know we would not, so much more freedom and 10mins and you are sat down with the kettle on from parking up. ::bigsmile::welcomefunster:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi welcome to the forum, we have gone back to a caravan, find we have much more room with van and full awning , when I retired just over 3 years ago my dream was to have a motorhome, we found we were not using it enough, when we went away for more than a few days the wife would drive her car, to make it easyer to get about,to us your holiday should begin from when you leave home? not much joy driving on your own, double the amount of fuel, I could have fitted a towbar to the m/h,then no differnce from tugging a caravan, 60 mph on motoraway,not allowed in the outside lane, we were lucky I managed to sell the m/h without to much lose, had enough to buy a new caravan and 3 year old towcar,a motorhome is great if you are touring a lot, make full use of it, no good thousands of pound sat on your driveway. good luck Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back