Newbie (1 Viewer)

pixie1

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Funster No
With lots of Qs....
I am very new to motorhoming, my first little camper was a old bedford romahome and I have just bought a hymer camp 46, perfect for touring round Cornwall where I live..
Just done a large rally in Dorset that I organised with some of my internet friends ....

But my awning...:Angry:..Is it true its the major cause of divorce on campsites?:roflmto:...
I bought the drive away awning and all the figure of 8 thingys to fit onto the Orminster fittings, but as the Orminster is just above the door on this van, once you put the figure of 8 in its difficult to open the door as this hangs down lower than the door...so you can imagine once you attach the drive away its snagging the door...
Looked at putting the orminster higher but on the Camp there is no room to move it unless I get a fitting to raise one side....

So if you have any advice or just tell me your awning disaster`s :roflmto:..Pix.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
yes awnings do seem to cause 'words' at times, i would think you need to just reposition your awning a little bit , just a tad further from your van so that you dont have any sagging bits before you peg it down

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back