mike and michelle

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
cornwall
Funster No
MH
c lass
Exp
Hi everyone, we are Mike and Michelle and we are new to motor homes, we are yet to buy our first motor home and will be buying a motor home with in the next couple of months, we are still doing our research as to what to buy, we now we want a 2 berth as its just the 2 of us, but yet to decide what layout? what size engine? and what make.

we love this site and everyone seems nice and friendly with plenty of advice, also look forward to meeting up with some of you

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:hiya2::welcome4:You'll find it really useful and if you join up and pay subs you'll get more than good value for money, take a look on the classifieds there are Motorhomes for sale and most members on here look after their vans and offer them to members first pretty much all at good prices.Here's one I picked at random from adds.
FOR SALE Hymer B594 , High Spec in great condition, only 70k miles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
HI AND WELCOME
JOHN N LINDA. YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF FUN IN YOUR NEW VAN.
WE GO OUT IN OURS EVERY WEEKEND . we can let u know some cheep stop overs too . We found the BIGER the better . U will out grow a little van . Ours Sleeps six and only two of us. Good luck.

Mickrik

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Cannock, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Apache 634
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi There and......................:welcome4:

We are newbies like you, I am picking up the MH in the avatar picture on the left after researching for the last few months. Looking at dealers. Visiting Stafford show was such an eye opener and the number of MS to have a good look at for layout. If you can get to a show, you will learn a lot. So much info on these forums with such good advice. I think we have got ours right, I can tell you for sure next Tuesday after the first night staying in it.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome3:.

Layout, layout and then layout! Take every chance you can get to look at as many vans as possible; shows are ideal but visit some of the larger dealers. Sit in them, lie on the beds, imagine yourselves living in the van when it's pouring with rain. Don't just go for the first one you see, even if it is a "bargain" - if it ain't right it's no longer a bargain.

Got any questions, ask away. Meanwhile we look forward to seeing you at one or more meets and rallyes.

OP
OP
mike and michelle

mike and michelle

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
cornwall
Funster No
MH
c lass
Exp
thank you everyone for you lovely comments, we are planning on attending some MH shows, plus visit MH dealers etc, also look on sale sites and go and view, seat in , etc just to see whats best for us... i guess the biggest thing for us is what make and model, and reliability.. what MPG, etc. we are also looking forward to getting our MH and meeting up with other MH owners and rallies, thanks everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun