Jan 28, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone!

I am going to view my first motorhome on Sunday and fingers crossed it will be perfect for us and we can buy it! (2002 Compass Avantgarde).

We are seasoned campers, but decided to take the plunge and upgrade this year. I spend my weekends at dog agility competitions and have a lot of camping planned this year, so decided to treat myself to a motorhome!

I am a complete newbie though, so although I am happy with the layout and features of the one we are going to view, I don't know anything about what accessories extras I should be looking to buy so any tips there would be greatly appreciated!!!

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome to your first motorhome. We are getting our first one next week. We must compare notes on here!
The first thing we'll be getting is a zipped in awning so the dog can stretch his legs a bit more.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi @lawlorka and welcome, youll need the obvious at first ( EHU lead, a few chairs, and a few wine glasses :whistle:)

then it really depends on where and how you are going to camp and personal preferences.

happy motorhoming (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Hello and welcome you will gets lots of good advice on here just ask your questions and someone will have the answer.

Liz

OP
OP
lawlorka

lawlorka

Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to your first motorhome. We are getting our first one next week. We must compare notes on here!
The first thing we'll be getting is a zipped in awning so the dog can stretch his legs a bit more.

Thanks - as we camp at shows a lot we have the makings of a 'garden' to put around the motorhome so the dogs should be happy enough, and it has an awning, so that should do initially I think.
Hi @lawlorka and welcome, youll need the obvious at first ( EHU lead, a few chairs, and a few wine glasses :whistle:)

then it really depends on where and how you are going to camp and personal preferences.

happy motorhoming (y)

Chairs and wine glasses are sorted! Hook up cable is on the list (though most places we go won't have Electric Hook Up)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
no hook up then you may want to consider an additional Hab battery ( or increase the amp hour size of the existing ) and perhaps a solar panel or even all of the above.

that also means ( as you prob already know ) more gas useage on fridge etc so what sizee / type of bottles you got / need.

also if its a lot of grass parking then you may want to think about self extraction!!!!:rolleyes:
upload_2016-1-28_19-29-37.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
As a tight jock I was just going to adapt a gazebo as the van I am converting is small. Next convection I will be investing in a roll out from the roof one. Power hook up will be an extension from go outdoors and hooked in a window

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back