Mar 2, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
looking for friend
Exp
i am a newbie
Hello

My friend bought a caravan from Nothern Ireland and wants to bring back to East London. Caravan is after the fire from electrics so non runner. Tried to find some companies who can transport but nobody is taking the beast like that , offcourse some big rigs do take but they are asking a lot. The beast how they are colling is "only" 2.3m wide and 7.5 meters length. If anyone would know any company or anybody who would help to bring it back to london, i would appreaciate your help.

thanks
Marty

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Marty .
It could transported on a low-loader, but frankly.. unless it is extra special, Airstream or similar or ultra rare.. I think it will probably cost more to transport than it's worth ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I assume you are thinking someone will just put it on the back of a car / van and tow it all the way.. If it's not in a fit state then I dont blame them for not wanting to tow it plus trailer rates on that ferry crossing must cost a fair bit..
Low loader easy enough but as said depends on value, may just not be viable.... Just websearch Ireland to UK transport companies.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Can't you/he just "botch" the electrics enough for the rear lights to work enough to tow it back ?
Or, am I wildly underestimating the level of fire damage ? In that case, a low loader might be the only answer.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Perhaps a photo of said beast might give us a clue as to ideas on recovery :rollingeyes:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Could be towed with a lightboard on an extra-long lead?
Cheers, Dave(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can't help with your questions but welcome.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If it's structurally sound than simply stick a light board on the back and tow it.

But I suspect, after fire damage, it would be cheaper to relight the fire and throw some paraffin on it.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Have a couple of 11 car transporters running the Ireland/UK weekly via Larne/Cairnryan.
Mostly drops in the north of England at the big auction houses but occasionally do a round trip from South Coast via London.
Cost of collecting car in the UK and delivering to the base in N.Irl is £350 plus vat.... that is a running car that can be drove on/off.
Need someone willing to reverse it on on collection and someone at point of delivery to tow it off.
Would consider collecting and dropping it off at first drop... usually Manchester, you would have to tow from there....
Need pictures, location, condition etc before deciding.

Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back