Newbie with an interest and drive to live in a motorhome (1 Viewer)

clyle

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Greenock
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Hello everyone, I am Chris.

I have joined as I hope next year to own a motor home to live and plan and spending the next 16 months researching, inquiring, looking at lots of pictures and of course the hard bit saving to buy a motor home for my self to live in but with the adaptability for the child to stay over at the weekend.

I currently live in the bedroom of my house and I feel it is a waste of space so I have decided that I want to research the feasibility of living in a motorhome.

anyway I have droned on enough, so just to say hello :)

Chris

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi and welcome ..
First thing you should research is paying the £10 a year membership to here. As you can see .. almost any question you have can be answered ..
Enjoy and good luck

OP
OP
clyle

clyle

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Greenock
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Thanks, I just researched into it, I don't use paypal so I will call up on Monday. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Chris and welcome (y)
To go full time in a motorhome you will need to consider using a friend/relative for a permanent address for post, insurance Etc.
there are lots on here that manage it perfectly well and I'm sure they will be along with advice later.
Good luck (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Chris

Good advice so far, just post your questions and the answeres/opinions will come flooding in.

Martin

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, the best motorhome forum on the net. With motorhomes it's all about layout, get that right and your away.(y)

OP
OP
clyle

clyle

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
Greenock
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Thanks a lot folk. I'm just stumbling through the www as I dont want to ask question that are easily found, but to be honest sometimes I see what I need to see then I see more to it :) so its fun, I love researching.

I am planning on buy Jan 2017 so I have plenty of time to see what I need and I think there is a motor home exhibition in the Glasgow SECC in February 2016. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to chatting to you all over the coming years.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Welcome to Fun.

Regarding your research, have a look at the price changes during the year to see when the cheapest time to buy is. I may be wrong but many of the best deals may be Autumn and there may not be as much choice of mhs left in January.

I would advise getting a PayPal account - it will help.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi clyle,
Don't forget you only get 5 posts on here before you become a read only . So make them count till you can phone up Monday. If you only live in your bedroom in your house , you'll be used to a more confined space. But what a waste of all that space .
But chose your layout carefully. I think it's the most important thing , apart from it being roadworthy of course. Good luck in your search , choose wisely. Get as much advice off here as you can before you jump in. As for research , almost every question you want answering , will have been asked on here. Use the search box , top right. That will become your best friend , if you like researching.
Remember , save your 5 posts , till Monday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back