Newbie with a question on scooter carriers (1 Viewer)

Flatcapsteve

Free Member
Nov 14, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Folks,
Bought a hobby 750 3 axel motorhome a few months ago and plan touring Europe next year. (Just retired)
Already discovered a separate form of transport would be a good idea once established on a site.
Have been checking out what's available on eBay, and spotted a great carrier, unfortunately was outbid.
Despite a lot of trawling through the net I have not been able to find the manufacturer.
I have attached the eBay link, does anybody recognise it or have one that could let me have the maker or supplier.
Here's hoping.
Cheers Steve.:Smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 72

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have looked at and owned a few never seen one such as that
To me it appears a home build or adaptation
You would need to make sure weight of rack and chosen bike do not exceed tow bar manf nose weights was that one for a euro or American RV:Smile:
Geo

OP
OP
F

Flatcapsteve

Free Member
Nov 14, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
I'm a newbie
unidentified scooter carrier

Hi Geo,
Many thanks for your reply.
What I liked about it is the way it tilts and the loading ramp slides out.
All very neat.
No problem with weights. Motorhome gross weight is 4500kg, I have a one ton of payload. Even with all the wife's gear that should be enough!!!!
Cheers Steve :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
When we searched for our motorhome, we had thought that we would carry our 125 Honda on the back, and so searched for and bought one that had the payload to do it. We were on the verge of paying to have a bike rack fitted. However, we decided to tour France without a bike just to see if it was possible to go without one. In France anyway, it was easy - most aires and municipal camp sites are on the edge of towns and villages so a motorbike wasn't necessary for us. Since coming home we have decided not to bother with a bike, we use our Hymer as our transport and have never had any problem. We park outside the town/village and walk back in - good for exercise as well!

My advice would be to give it a go without the motorbike and make your mind up then.

Cheers

Geraldine

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
scooter rack

I have a watling scooter rack which bolts on to your tow hitch for sale
check them out at watling engineering web site and if your interested give me a ring on 01752837845.
its a very sturdy piece of kit and will need to be pick up only. i live near plymouth
K/R

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back