Newbie with a ? on a NE101C3 control panel (1 Viewer)

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Hi I just picked up a Carioca 15 with this panel. On it, the red light below the batteries is flashing continually. I have charged the leisure batteries up via EHU , when off ehu, I press the "test" button it shows 3 green lights. But after several days it shows none . The red lights flashes , if I press once to test leisure batteries or twice to check engine battery. The engine starts fine.

I have uploaded a picture so you can see any ideas, maybe a short ? The owner I bought it off has just gone to Spain for six weeks , so cant ask him.

Ps the red light on right is water and as I have not put any on board, is the reason it is alight I believe.

Attachments

• DSCF2610 1.jpg
    DSCF2610 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 149

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
At a guess but don't take as gospel I would think you have a duff habitation battery, or something is pulling it down.

Someone with more knowledge of this van should be along later.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
G

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Well Brian I bought it off , said he had just fitted a new leisure battery,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Then sounds like something dragging the battery down, wonder why he replaced was he having problems, but as he has gone away you cant ask.

Try charging and leaving off load just to check it with meter to see what you get.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I had a carioca with the same panel.
Basically it is (im sure you are aware) telling you that the battery lacks power. The simplest thing to do is test the voltage of the battery by getting your volt meter out. Presumably it will be under the drivers seat and not always easy to get to. If the battery is charging and showing green lights after charge and then reducing to red, it can only be that the Hab bat is knacked or as Brian says something is draining it. so have a scoot around the van and look for inverters, is there a sog toilet fitted not closed properly? is there alight not switching off in the wardrobe? I some how doubt it, it just says bad leisure battery all over it, although I am quite confused as to why it shows a red light on your cab battery as well,

OP
OP
G

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Thank you everyone for the replies

Basically the red light flashes 24/7 on the 12v side of the panel , irespective of whether I press the test button once or twice.

The set up is a leisure battery under driver seat another battery in bottom of the wardrode , it is a halfords one. This one is connected to a twin plug invertor. The invertor Brian got off a neighbour, who he travelled with. When I checked it earlier and there was nothing showing in the leisure batteries , I checked the invertor and when I turned it on , all it did was squeak at me and showed empty.

There is no Sog on the van and as far as I can tell nothing is on.

I am in kent now till Wed, the van is in Hamp , when I get back down there I will check the battery with a Volt meter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Well I finally got round to checking the batteries, the one in the wardrobe is reading 12.83
I got the front seat off and took the battery out, it was showing red through the spy hole.
No water in it , totally dry, reads 10.28, so take it, it is knackered.

Anyway with front battery disconected the red light is still flashing on the pane, dohl.
Will have to see, what it does, when I get a new battery.

Anyone know of a place in the southampton area for cheap leisure batteries ?
Having a few problems finding one, as can only be 20cm high due to the captain chair.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
faulty battery

I would have thought the red light would flash with the battery disconected
regards
jeff

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
I had endless problems with the control panel on our Elddis Autostratus. After everything was scrutinised or replaced it turned out to be that the small battery that actually runs the panel (a small rechargable battery is attached to the panel). I had this battery changed and no more problem.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
G

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
Well the latest is , I finally got a leisure battery. Difficult finding one of 20cm to fit under the seat, got one from Towsure , said the same size as my old one. But when I got it home it was slightly bigger, doh. It will fit under the seat just , but will need some thin rubber mat on top , to avoid shorting on the seat.

Anyway after a lot of fuffing and taking the one out in the wardrode, to get a inch longer earth cable I needed. Guess what the bloxdy light is still flashing, lol.

Next I Will disconnect the inverter in the wardrobe and see if it stops flashing, if not erm i`m lost.

Jeff there is a brown lead that connects to the positive on the battery under the seat, if you disconect it as I did , it stops the panel working at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back